Chapter 3 - Stuck Together

The days of class became weeks, and the weeks became months. Today was marked the third month after school started, but nothing had changed between the boys lives. Killua was still considered a prodigy, and Gon was still seen as an outcast. Both never spoke to each other, they didn't dare interact— but that all changed on this very occasional day.

The school bell rang and continued to do so as the students rushed to their respective classrooms, laughter and whispers being heard along the way. The two classmates— Killua and Zushi, slowly made their way to their class, talking about what they should do for their PE task.

"Honestly it's kinda funny— Like who would want to film themselves prancing around their room like an idiot?" He laughed.

"Well Zushi, we have to do what we have to do in order to learn." Killua stated, keeping his voice stern and emotionless.

"Man You're no fun sometimes."

After a minute of Zushi's endless torment towards Killua, the two finally arrived at the door of the Science class. Killua opened it and was immediately greeted with the smiles of all his classmates— except one. That boy never smiled, not even at Killua, and he found that odd. Killua began to feel more curious about him, he wants to know more about that boy, but he could never be allowed to, the system of reputation had him wrapped around in its strings.

"Good morning Killua! You too Zushi. Please, take your seats."

They both did as they were told. The professor looked at them with a smile before focusing his gaze on the white board behind him— he took out his marker and began writing.

"Now class, it's already the third month of your arrival here at Hunter High— so I wanted to prepare a special activity!"

The students interjected his talk with questions for a while before keeping quiet when he told them to do so.

"Ahem... the activity will last a month, and everyone will be assigned a partner."

That sentence was like a trigger to the majority of the class, whispers and squeals erupted from the students out of both annoyance and excitement.

"I'll be choosing your partners, because I know some of you pairs are always up to some funny business..." He said, eyeing the mischievous duo at the front of the class. No, the duo wasn't Killua and Zushi— instead it was pokkle and ponzu. They were a couple who were never up to any good. You could say they were rather active and well known pranksters across the school.

"As for the instructions, you and your partner will basically hang around with each other for an entire month. Not so science related I know, but it is a good get-to-know activity am I right? After the month is over you'll write down everything you've learned about your partner on three sheets of paper, make sure to fill it to the very bottom."

The class was rather confused by the timing of this activity. Why did he only think of this three months after the first day? Is he brain dead or something? Or does his ideas just come by mad slow?

"Now, I'll be announcing everyone's partners— so for the love of god listen up!"

One by one, the students became happy and disappointed with their pairs. There could be whines and coos heard echoing around the classroom, but there were only two people who haven't been mentioned. Most of the class turned their heads towards Killua, taking him by surprise.

"Excuse me sir, what about Killua?"
A student asked.

"Maybe he can be with me and my friend! It's okay to make it a group project right?"
Said another.

"Oh right I almost forgot! Killua you can be paired up with..."
The professor looked around the room for any remaining students,

"You can be paired up with Gon."

Everyone looked shocked, including Gon himself. Everyone then locked their gaze on him, but that gaze quickly altered into a glare. Gon didn't like the attention, so he tried something to get it off his shoulders.

"Sir, im fine with working alone."
He said.

"Yeah Sir just let that loser work by himself!"
Another seconded.

"Now now, I can't just let Killua over here work solo— all of you will have to deal with it. Plus, you're not the one paired up with Gon anyway so mind you're own business."

Gon didn't know whether he should take that as an insult or a compliment, but he ignored it completely. He had no interest in school so he'll probably just let Killua work alone.

Time flew to PE. While Killua was doing his stretches, Zushi approached him with a worried look plastered on his face.

"Dude are you okay? Gon's going to be your Science partner... the infamous Gon Freecss is who you're gonna work with!"

"I'm going to be fine Zushi, it's not that big of a deal."

"Of course it's a big deal, it's all the school is talking about!"

Killuas buddy continued pestering him about it for the rest of PE, and it was making him go mental, really. The rest of the day passed by, and the students began leaving their last classes. Gon noticed that more people were looking at him than usual, in a judgmental way of course. He knew it was probably because of the fact he was Killuas Science partner. As Gon was stuffing things in and out of his locker, he felt a soft tap on his shoulder. It stunned him, and he quickly snapped his head at the person behind him in a pretty scary manner.

"Woah calm down! I'm not gonna kill you or something—"

Gon's eyes lost its tenseness the moment he saw who it was.

"Oh... it's you. What do you want?"

"Well, we are partners for the Science task right? So let's get started as soon as possible!"
Killua said with enthusiasm.

Gon looked at him up and down before rolling his eyes and shoving his locker shut, basically ignoring Killuas suggestion and walking away as if he never said anything. Killua watched him walk away in shock before approaching him again,

"Come on we need to do this for our grades—"

"I couldn't care less about my grades, if you care so much go do it on your own."
He interrupted, scoffing.

Killua kept trying, but in the end he couldn't seem to convince him. Killua lost the little patience he had at that point, he took Gon's arm and pulled him closer, they were practically facing each other eye to eye. He noticed Gon flinching in pain when he took his arm, but he ignored it and began giving him a piece of his mind.

"Now if you could please listen we can get this goddamn thing over with. I'm trying to be a good student here and you're really not doing anything to help, maybe this attitude of yours is why everybody looks down on you— it's pathetic."

He immediately regretted including the last part of that sentence, and let go of Gon's arm— covering his mouth with both hands.

"I am so sorry about the last part I—"

"Two in the afternoon, at the york new coffee shop."

"Huh?"

"You want to do this project right? So meet me at two in the afternoon at the york new coffee shop."

He looked at the boy in surprise while the boy looked back at him with an emotionless face, he didn't look to be affected by what he said earlier.

"Right... thanks..."
Killua said awkwardly.

"If we're going to be stuck by the hip for the whole month, I might as well do something. Sorry for being a dick."

And with that, Gon left— leaving Killua standing there in an awkward state. It took him a moment to process, but he laughed to himself after a bit. He knew this guy would be interesting, and talking to him made him feel all the more curious. With a little excitement building up in his chest, he left the school with a giddy smile on his face.

(1366 Words)
A/N: Finally some Killua and Gon interaction. Now this is where the feels start to begin haha😼 its not going to be rushed though I promise. I know how boring it is to read a story when the main relationship gets rushed.