Chapter 16 - Parents and Past

"You know, you're actions do come with its consequences."

"I'll be fine, don't worry too much."

Killua let's go of Illumis hand and stands up, bringing Gon with him. "We should go, lunch is almost over."
"What— really?" Gon didn't even have time to pack his unfinished food, what a shame.

The other siblings watched as Killua dragged Gon away elsewhere with a frown on their face, they were happy Killua was finally gaining courage, but now wasn't the best time to be so rebellious.

"Killua... Killua!" Gon huffed, stopping in the middle of their walk. Killua looked back, and Gon noticed how panicked he looked. "What's going on...?" Killua hesitated to utter a word. "It's just parent issues... let's go." He murmured, grabbing Gons wrist again. As much as Gon wanted to know what was happening in his friends life, he didn't want to be too pushy, so— he didn't ask any further.

Killua dragged him all the way in to the halls, where the chatter was at its peak. "Uh, I'm pretty sure we're only halfway through lunch... there's still a shit ton of people here." Gon said, looking around. "I know... I just needed to get out of there." Killua sighed. Gon glanced at him and pat his shoulder. "I have no idea what's happening, but just know I'll be with you through all of it." That sentence let a small chuckle escape from Killuas mouth. It was true though, Gon was as clueless as he said he was. He knew Killuas parents were assholes but he itches to know why. "Thanks, Gon."

From there, the two boys just stayed at their lockers chatting away until the bell rang. "We should get going."
"Yeah, we don't have classes together for the first few periods... so uhm, I'll see you at PE."
They exchanged goodbyes and left to their classes, matter of fact— the majority of their afternoon is spent separated from each other.

The moment Killua left Gon's side, he felt the feeling of unease wash over him. For some reason, the whispers got louder, and the stares felt more tense. Must be the effect of Gons aid wearing off, the things attachment can do to people are insane... He sucked up all his negative emotions and entered his classroom. Although his peers were still wrapped around his finger despite his friendship with the local freak, some apparently held a grudge. He glanced over the corner of the room just to catch Zushi staring at him in a rather judgmental way. He didn't feel threatened, but he did feel disappointed.

"Killua Zoldyck... please, take a seat."

The class went on as usual, nothing out of the ordinary happened— oddly enough. The bell rang and the class came to an end, everyone packed their things and rushed out that door like it was the last thing they were going to do. Killua just walked out slowly, and Zushi on the other hand— stayed behind in the classroom glaring holes into Killuas back.

Class by class, the two were growing impatient— but the odds were in their favor, PE finally made its way around the corner. They ran to the gym and met up at their usual spot on the bleachers.

"Hey Killua."

"Yo."

They sounded so monotone, but they were probably as happy as a puppy receiving a treat. This time, Biscuit Krueger wasn't their coach due to... reasons, so a substitute had to take over. This substitute gave everyone the hibigibies, he had the most unsettling smile, and his eyes looked squinted as hell. The dude had pink hair and looked like he just came straight out of the circus. "Who the fuck is that...?" Gon whispers, hiding his mouth with his hand. "Dunno... he looks kinda familiar though. Cant put a finger on it." Killua whispered back. He could've sworn he saw that guy somewhere, was he a client? A fellow ally? Or a target? He got snatched out of his thoughts the moment the man spoke, his voice didn't add anything positive to his first impression at all.