Chapter 4 - Informative Meeting

Killua checked his watch,
2:10PM

He waited at the entrance of York New cafe, dressed in a creamy sweater vest, tailored trousers, and a pair of Oxford loafers.

"Jeez where is he?"
He asked himself, looking left and right for his classmate.

As the next minute passed by, he began to grow impatient. Did Gon seriously just ditch the meeting last second? He felt his attitude rise to an irritated state— so he decided to leave, but right before he took the second step, someone called out to him.

"Yo Prince Perfect, sorry I'm late."

He turned around to see Gon standing right there behind him. He took a sigh of relief— guess he stayed true to his word after all. Gon noticed the transition from irritation to relaxation on his face, and quickly figured out what Killua had thought.

"Did you really think I'd leave you hanging here?"
He asked, glaring at Killua out of annoyance.

"Not that I think you're the type to but— yeah... kinda."

Gon sighed and walked past the boy, opening the door for him.

"Get in so we can get this over with."

Killua was surprised by the kind gesture and looked at Gon with a smirk on his face.

"Who knew the schools outcast could be such a gentleman."

"Who knew the schools prodigy would have the balls to compliment the outcast."

Killua went silent but showed off a slight smile before entering the cafe with Gon trailing behind him— although... Gon was right. Wasn't Killua too scared to approach him not so long ago? Killua mulled over the thought, this partnership could actually ruin his reputation for good.

'Get yourself together Kil, all you have to do is finish this project and then leave him alone... that's it.'
He thought, trying to reassure himself that this would be an easy task.

"Hey, you good?"
Gon asked, gently placing a hand on Killuas shoulder.

"Huh? Oh yeah, I'm fine."
He said, shuddering at the sudden contact.

"Uhm, just go find a table... I'll order for us."
He continued, hoping that Gon wouldn't notice his sudden mood.

"Yeah okay, I'll have a Caramel Ribbon crunch Frappuccino with extra drizzle."
Gon replied, immediately leaving Killua at the counter after saying his order.

Killua stood there confused, Caramel Ribbon what? He scoffed and waited in line as Gon went to look for the perfect table spot to discuss about the project. He chose a good spot near a window, it had a nice view of the street and the sunlight reaching him was just right. He smiled to himself for finding such a spot before anyone else and sat down— taking out his phone and scrolling through it as always.

A good five minutes passed by and Killua arrived at the table with both their drinks in hand. He sat down and looked at Gon who didn't even acknowledge his presence.

"Uhm hellooo? Sir outcast?"
He called, snapping his fingers in front of Gon's face to catch his attention. Gon put his phone down and glared at Killua.

"Look just start telling me things about yourself okay?"
Killua started, trying to get Gon to cooperate.

"How about this, you talk first."
He interjected, bringing his phone up to his face again.

"God you are so annoying... just put that phone down and then I'll talk."

Gon looked up from his phone to Killua for the second time and clicked his tongue— obviously annoyed. He put his phone down and in his pocket— later resting his face on one hand, focusing all his attention on Killua.