Chapter 13 - Adomania of Feelings

"You like him, don't you?"

Those five words circled Killuas mind like a hurricane. "Me? Liking someone like him? Illumi, are you high or what?" He laughed, shooing his brothers question away. "Killua this is a serious question..." Illumi sighed. Killua blinked at him, for a pretty long time— yet he still couldn't say anything in return. "I'm... im gonna go to my room."
"Killua—" Alluka called, but she had been cut off by the sound of the door closing. "Let's just let that boy figure out his feelings on his own, it's funny to watch." Kalluto smiled, holding a cup of tea to his lips. "Kalluto!" Alluka whined.

Killua walked down the corridor as slow as a snail, was he really freaking out over one simple question? "This is stupid.." he mumbled, smacking his cheeks in a gentle manner. He opened the door, closed and locked it— sliding down to the floor. "Who would like that dumbass anyway..." He covered his head with his arms and stared at the carpet, not moving an inch.

He began to think about the moments he had spent with Gon, it was as if all those blissful memories played on a single tape. Their talks at the cafe, their trip to the park, their incident at the party, it all came right back to him. "Ugh... I can't understand friendship at all!" He expressed, shoving his face onto his knees.

He felt odd thinking about Gon, but it wasn't exactly bad. He felt comfortable and warm, and somewhat giddy...
"Do I like him...?" He asked himself, lifting his head from his knees. "No— No damn way!" He scoffed. "I only met the guy three weeks ago!" He paused. Three weeks ago? It's been that long already? "Three weeks..." he mumbled, trying to remember what he was missing. Well shit, he only has one week until he can shove Gon off his shoulders. He smiled, after a week— all these feelings will end, how splendid. But, why did he feel so... disappointed? Hah, that's odd. He clenched his jaw and thought. After one more week, he wouldn't need Gon anymore. He wanted to stick to the plan he had before; finish the project, then leave Gon alone. If he didn't follow that, his reputation might just dig it's own grave— but for some reason, he didn't want to leave.

"This is so annoying.." He quaked, helping himself off the floor. He then felt a vibration coming from the pocket of the jacket he's been wearing. He took out his phone and checked the notification, seems like Gon had texted him just now. He felt so aghast that he almost dropped his phone. "Oh god— what's up with me!" He fumbled with his phone as he attempted to press on the notification, and he eventually did so.

|_"Sir Outcast"_|

Gon: Yo Kil, I think we should meet up this weekend... aka tomorrow/Sunday.
I just realized that we only have one more week left, so let's use it to work
on the final output.

Killua: You have a point, where should we meet then?

Gon: Maybe... at that one restaurant near the Heavens AR. office? I heard it's pretty
          nice.

Killua: Sounds good, see you there Gon.

Gon: Yeah, cya there Prince perfect. c(ˆˆc)

______________________________

He looked down at his phone with a soft smile on his face, but he then realized he was acting like a lovesick girl in Highschool. He freaked and threw his phone at the bed, cheeks flushing red. After a long while of calming himself down, he checked on his phone and saw that it was now broken. He looked at it solemnly before rubbing his temple— he sighed. "Dammit Gon... why are you making me feel this way."

He picked up his phone and swiped his finger over the cracked screen, placing down on the nightstand. Feeling all puzzled, he stared at the ceiling fan just how he always did. What was he feeling? How come he's never felt this way before? Is this what friends feel about each other? "Maybe... maybe this is just how people feel about a friend..."
"Yeah... yeah! Friends like each other right? That's definitely it." He laughed. Killua isn't dumb, maybe he really does know what he's feeling. Maybe he just doesn't want to accept it yet... or maybe he actually just doesn't get it after all. He convinced himself that these feelings were normal, and that it wouldn't affect him at all— and after a while of reassurance he fell asleep on his bed. A morning nap wouldn't hurt would it?

Gon placed down his phone after staring at the screen for a whopping 10 minutes, he couldn't get his mind off this one problem. One more week, that's all that he could think about. After what happened that day in school, Gon knew Killua wasn't there to stay. As betrayed as he felt, he still wanted Killua to stay by his side— even if it was just for a short while. Gon knew, he knew that once the month ends, his time with Killua ends. "I should make this last week feel more memorable for the both of us..." He mumbled, sitting on his couch in quite the depressive mood. Killua was a friend to him after all, the only friend his age. Gon didn't want to lose that, turns out he's gotten a little too attached. Killua was a friend who mattered, a friend he needed.

He got up from the couch and left to the bathroom— he looked in the mirror. His reflection, it stared at him with the most blank expression he's ever seen. "Damn I look horrible." He chuckled, undoing the bandages that were hidden under his sleeves and wrapped around his arms. He looked at how the white were stained with red, and observed how that red turned brown over time. He took a glance at the razor blade he used regularly and picked it up. Is he going to do something with it? No. He threw the blade in the trash along with the old bandages and took a new roll from the shelf. He began to treat his arm, it hasn't fully healed since his last commitment.

Once he was done, he looked at himself in the mirror one last time. "That's a new start, ain't it." He smiled, looking rather proud. He left the bathroom, but just stood there right in front of the door frame. "Maybe I should get Killua a gift..."
The thought made him feel happy, and so he changed his clothes to something more casual and set off.

As he walked through the neighborhood, he could feel people staring, and he could hear them rushing inside their houses. "Scared, as usual." It may hurt to see people fear you, but he couldn't care none the less. He was focused on getting Killua a gift, and that made him feel perky. He hasn't felt an actual spark of joy like this in a long time, that's how good of a friend Killua was to Gon.

He hummed a lullaby as he approached York News local mall. "What am I going to buy though?" He entered the place and scanned the stores the moment he walked in. He looked pretty suspicious, and that made people glance with concern. "Killua likes sweets right..." He mumbled, trying to remember Killuas answers to the Q&A they had three weeks back. He explored the place, and the poor guy got lost plenty of times. Gon may have been living in York New his entire life, but he's actually never gone shopping in the mall for anything other than groceries. He usually just buys clothes and other items in different stores.

"He likes chocolate the most, I'm sure of it." He entered the first chocolate store he saw, and boy there were a shit ton of choices. He felt dizzy just looking around— chocolate on the shelves, chocolate on the stands, chocolate on display, chocolate literally everywhere. "Maybe I should bring Killua here when he has the time..."
"Excuse me sir, are you looking for something?" An employee asked, giving him a smile. "Oh yeah Uhm... do you have any recommendations for gifts? The person really likes chocolate so..."
"I see, we have some great chocolates over there, perfect for couples!" The employee winked. "Ah no— we're just friends..." Gon said, laughing awkwardly. "Oh my bad— but they're still applicable for friends too! Come take a look."

In the end, Gon ended up buying two whole boxes full of chocolate hearts and cats. He bought the cat one because, well... it's Killua we're talking about. He glanced at the bag he held the chocolates in, and his gaze softened.

"A perfect gift for a perfect friend..." He smiled.

(1473 Words)
A/N: I updated this a little more early than I expected I would...
But anyway yay feelings are everywhere 👍
Is this a one sided romance situation? Don't know, maybe? Probably not🤷‍♀️