Chapter 20 - Collective Evidence, and a Good Nights Sleep

"Father... you bastard."
"What do you mean by 'Father'..." Killua murmured. "That was my Father, Killua. I'm certain."

Killua glanced at the screen in doubt, he realized that the mans hood was off— revealing his rather uneasy appearance. The mans chin was stubbly, his eyes looked dead— alike to a pair of a corpses', and his skin was nearly colorless. He looked like he arose from his grave just to pass on these series of videos.

It was just then when Killua had recognized who the man was. "Ging..." He whispered, taking a step back. Now being at the left side of Gon, he gulped. "He looks as homeless as ever."
"You should uhm... take the flash drive out... I don't want to look at that man any longer."
"Understood."
Gon extracted the flash drive from the computer hastily. "What are we going to do with it...?" He asks, facing Killua whilst holding the flash drive between two of his fingers. "I guess we keep it, it's considered evidence." Killua sighs. Gon looks at the item in his hand, wondering what might've led it to him. "That guy we met earlier must have been... you know..."
"Yeah, I know."

The two stood in silence as the wind blew into their faces, pondering over this issue. This week had only reached its second day, and it has already become quite eventful. "Hey uhm... should we turn this in to the police or something?"
      "Probably... but it isn't that much."
      "Not that much? My mothers dead body was right there in the goddamn background!"
      "...Right, sorry."
Killua took the flash drive from Gons hand and placed it in his pocket. "I'll be taking this for now, we should probably just take this to court..." He said, shoving his hands into his pockets. "And how are we going to afford that?" Gon scoffed, taking a glance at the laptop. "I have the money, don't worry about it."

The two boys were young, barely old enough to be considered young adults, and yet here they are— planning to file a court case against their horribly rounded 'father' figure. So much for the normal high school life they both hoped for, im sure by now their lives have crossed too far from the line to be considered regular. Gon didn't know what to say in a situation like this, let alone process the fact Killua knew Ging from the start. He wanted to ask questions, but he knew now wasn't the right time.
Petrichor that had been traveling with the breeze lingered in the dim room, adding a more tense feel to the atmosphere. Killua sighed and packed his things. "I'll... be leaving, if you want to tell me something regarding this matter just text me. Or call, whatever your preference is." He said, approaching the door. "Killua its raining pretty hard! Are you sure you don't want to... stay?" Gon called. Killua wasn't sure whether it was a good idea to stay the night, but there wasn't any harm to it. He turned around just to face the concerned and desperate boy. "If you're okay with it, I guess I could stay."

He placed his bag down, specifically in the corner of the hallway— the left of the door. Gon smiled in relief, "I'll prepare some hot chocolate for you. Have a seat for the meantime."
The rain grew stronger, its droplets crashing onto the window. The distant rumbles of thunder was all Killua could hear, until the sound of glassware clanked under his chin. He looked down and inhaled the sweet aroma of the hot chocolate, it made him feel a little more at home. "Thanks Gon." He smiled, happily taking the mug into his hand. "Don't mention it."
He took a sip, still unable to waver the agitated feeling thats been bothering him since the encounter. He took the flash drive from the bottom of his pocket and held it up to his face. With the mug still up to his lips, he took another sip— inspecting the device. That was when we noticed the scotch tape attached to the opposite side. It had a handwritten trail of numbers on it, it had to be someones contact. "856-853-4668..." He read out loud, squinting his eyes as he put down the mug. "Is something the matter, Kil?" Gon asked. "Theres a number on this thing, probably his contact."
"Ah... we shouldn't do anything with it, just let the authorities take care of him." Gon sighed, flipping the light switch that belonged to the hallway.

Killua put the flash drive back into his pocket and finished his drink, placing it into the sink afterwards. He pulled out his phone to text his mother about the unplanned night-out. Of course, her response was reluctant at first, but she decided to let it pass. Surprisingly, she's been more loose nowadays.
"I'll be in the bath if you need me Killua!" Gon cooeed from the end of the hallway, peeking his head around the corner.
"Yeah alright!" Killua called back, turning on the faucet to wash the mug he had placed earlier.

The evening passed by quick, and it was already 11PM. The two were awkwardly standing in Gons room, facing the singular twin bed that sat in the corner. The two have been arguing about who sleeps on the couch this time. Gon insisted that Killua took the bed, his argument being the fact Killua slept on the couch last time. Killua on the other hand insisted that Gon takes the bed, since well— its his bed.
     "Uhm... Gon. I can just sleep on the couch like I did last time."
     "Again? Definitely not. I'll take the couch tonight!"

"Dude this is your house!"
"And you're my guest."

"Jesus... Alright, you got a guest room?"
"....No."

"....Then let me sleep on the couch dammit!"
"Just take the bed!"
The racket was disturbing the neighbors outside, but they didn't dare complain. The two continued bickering for ten minutes, quarreling back and forth nonstop. Killua was annoyed at how stubborn Gon could be, who knew someone who looked intimidating at school could be this childish. After being cut off by Gon multiple times, he snapped and said the first thing that came to mind.
     "How about we just share the bed then!"
An awkward pause pushed its way through for a moment.
     "...what."
Killua took a brief moment to undertake what he just said, and when the lightbulb lit— he quickly put both hands over his mouth. Gon just stared at him with the most surprised look on his face, you could notice a hint of embarrassment in his expression if you looked close enough. He thought about it for a moment, it wouldn't be that bad— right? "If it stops this argument I guess we could..." He murmured. Killua lowered his hands, "Wait are you being serious..."
"Don't make this weird man."

They stared at each other for what seemed to be ages before embarrassingly taking a seat on the bed. They got into a position, backs facing each other— making as much distance as they possibly can without falling off the bed. Gon cleared his throat, "Goodnight, Killua."
"Goodnight... Gon."
It took a while, but they slowly drifted into an oddly comfortable sleep. The rain and thunder that was ongoing outside became quiet to them, they could only hear the clanking of the air conditioner. Tomorrow, up until Friday— are the days the two had before the court will determine whether Ging is innocent, or guilty. Though, the answer is pretty obvious to everyone by now.

Morning arose, and the sun rays hovered above the boys faces. Caused by the bright rays hitting him right in the eye, Gon fluttered his eyes open. As his consciousness came back, he felt a set of hair brush against his chin— and a pair of hands resting on his chest. Putting two and two together, he snapped his head down at the boy laying next to him. After a while of processing what position they were in, he tried his best to calm himself down from the absolute fluster and embarrassment. Gons arms seemed to be wrapped around his friends waist, and he couldn't help but lift one up to Killuas hair. He pat the boys head, later on combing through it with one hand. He was astonished by how his hair could feel so soft.
He heard a groan come from Killua, which immediately made him stop caressing his hair. Killuas eyes opened, and out of instinct he rubbed them with his fists.
"Sorry— did I wake you up?"
"Huh...? No you didn't— OH MY GOD."
Killua leapt out of the bed once he realized what position they were in. Gon sat up and nearly snorted at Killuas expression. "Slept well?" He asked, cheekily smiling. "GON WHAT THE FUCK."

That was indeed, the best Killua has ever slept.

(1493 Words)
A/N: When was the last time I updated this thing? Man I don't know.
Sorry for not updating for a while, my motivation got ripped out of my soul thanks to school.
But you know I'm obviously gonna finish this story lmao.
Also, thank you so much for 1.2k reads! Never knew this thing would get so far.
Looking back at the first set of chapters, I'm kinda embarrassed people read that.