four

ANXIOUS

ANXIOUS

"WHATEVER YOU NEED TO TELL YOURSELF."

▬▬▬REAL LIFE▬▬▬

▬▬MILAN WAS STANDING BACKSTAGE of the Ellen Show with Hayden. She really tried to get out of this interview, but her manager said she had to take as many interviews as she could. Hayden had gone with her since Milan's social anxiety was really pushing her nerves at the moment. She's watched the Ellen Show before and knew that Ellen wasn't exactly the most kind person on the air, so she was afraid of getting asked something a little too personal.

Milan was one of those fairly private celebrities. There were rarely any paparazzi photos of her since she spends her time outside with security guards, in secluded areas or just her own home. Milan hasn't let a lot of personal information slide to the public since she still wanted to have her private life, but it was a little hard when people like Ellen pry.

"And please welcome my next guest, Milan Lola Pierce." Ellen introduced which told Milan to go out on the stage. She walked out from behind with the screen and waved to the studio crowd before sitting down in the chair across from Ellen. Milan's stage persona was her supposed full name. It wasn't her real full name since Lola isn't her middle name. Lola was what her two dad's wanted to name her, but when she was adopted, she already had a name. Pierce is her last name, but her going by Milan Lola Pierce was like a small present to her dads.

"Hi, Milan. How's it going?" Ellen asked just as the crowd died down and with the best smile she could put on as she answered. "I'm good, I'm good. Thanks for having me."

"No problem. But, um...Can I ask you something?" Ellen asked, her face going slightly serious.

"Jumping right in, alright." Milan joked a little before Ellen asked, "Why aren't you wearing a dress?"

Milan went to say something, but she couldn't actually formulate words. She looked down at her outfit, which she was quite proud of. It was these beige corduroy pants with her Doc Martens and an argyle sweater. Milan was able to stutter out, "I-I don't know. I just tried to dress nice. Plus, my friend and amazing fashion designer, Vickie St. James, made this top."

"The top is very nice." Ellen complimented which was met with Milan smiling genuinely, but it quickly faded when Ellen pushed more. "But don't you think it would be better if you wore a dress. You know, to look more professional. I mean, I know you're only, what? Eighteen?"

"Nineteen." Milan corrected. "Nineteen, right. Well, see you're still young. You'll become more professional as you age."

Ellen tried to quickly change the subject, but Milan was already uncomfortable. She was doing her best to hide her nervousness since within the first few seconds of being on the show, Milan's appearance was insulted by a woman not even wearing a dress herself. Milan was doing what Hayden had told her to do before just in case and that was fiddling with the ring on her thumb. Trying to clear the awkward tension, Milan took a sip of her coffee that was on the table which made people laugh for some reason.