twenty-one

RINGS

RINGS

"WHEREVER I GO, YOU BRING ME HOME."

▬▬▬REAL LIFE▬▬▬

▬▬THE BOYS HAD A show on Milan's birthday so during it, they had brought Milan on stage for a multitude of things. They sang her happy birthday and even got the crowd to sing along, Louis was very extra for some reason. A fan had also brought cookies, so she and Harry had sat in the middle of the stage, cross-legged on the floor, eating cookies. They did, although, let Niall have one. Harry and Milan had even sung Ain't No Mountain High Enough, to which the crowd freaked out about.

That concert was probably their favourites, mostly because they were given much more freedom due to it being Milan's birthday. Currently, One Direction and Milan were on a plane back to America and Milan's fear hadn't gotten any better. Every time they had to get on a plane, Harry was right by her side, even now. The plane had already taken off, but Milan's nerves were still pretty bad.

Harry and Milan were listening to Elvis Presley songs to help calm her down. She was hugging Harry's arm with her head on his shoulder and his presence were slowly starting to ease her nerves. Suddenly, something had come to Harry's mind. "Oh, you know what. I didn't give you your birthday present."

"You already got me flowers." Milan pointed out as Harry dug through his bag to find the mentioned present. Pulling out a small box, he spoke before he gave it to her. "I know, but I got you something else."

Harry held out the box for her, Milan taking it. She opened the small, black velvet box to reveal two silver rings. Milan's jaw dropped a little and a genuine smile made its way to her lips. "These are so pretty."

"There's more to them." Harry took one and held it up for her to see a small engraving on it. It read, 'wherever i go'. Curious to see if the other one had writing, Milan took that one out of the box as well to find another engraving that read, 'you bring me home'.

"Are these matching rings for you and me?" Milan asked, wanting to make sure her assumption was correct. Harry was a little nervous that she wouldn't like his gift since he always saw jewelry as a present as sort of a confession, which was what he was too nervous to really do.

"Yeah, they are. I-If that's okay." Harry stuttered. "If you don't like it, I-I can always get you something else. Or just like more flowers or something, I just thought you might like something nice and-"

Something had come over Milan. It was a very simple gesture and a warranted one considering it was her birthday. But Harry's nervousness when he gave her the gift, the way he was fiddling with his own ring, scared she wouldn't like it. The sparkle in his eyes when he saw her smile and just being with him in this moment, it was perfect.

Milan was very lucky that the other boys were asleep at the moment, which was why they had been whispering, so that when she pressed his lips against his, no one was there to see it. Harry hadn't gotten the chance to kiss her back since she pulled away much too quickly, embarrassed of what she did. "I'm so sorry-"

Before Milan could finish speaking, Harry had done exactly as she did. He connected their lips, even resting his hand on her jaw. Milan smiled into it as she kissed him back, Harry matching the smile. When the two pulled away, Milan put her forehead on Harry's shoulder. "I really wish our first kiss wasn't on a plane that haunts my nightmares."

"First? You think there'll be more?" Harry teased with a small smirk. Milan looked up at him and scrunched her nose before quickly pecking his lips. Harry's smirk turned to a smile as he gazed into the girl's eyes, getting lost in them. "Yes, there will be more."

"Good. I quite like kissing you."

"I like kissing you too."