fourteen

ANGEL

ANGEL

"I'LL STAY AS LONG AS YOU WANT."

▬▬▬REAL LIFE▬▬▬

▬▬MILAN HAS NEVER BEEN one for planes, they were quite a terrifying experience for her. Milan has been teased, but no one could blame her for being scared of a giant metal box floating in the air that's filled with flammable material. This was the one part of tours she really hated.

They were going to be on a ten hour flight, so this was going to be difficult for her, but she was at least on a private plane with her five friends and Harry was sitting right next to her. Harry didn't know that Milan was afraid of airplanes so when they were prepared and sat down and Harry saw Milan fiddling with her hands and her breathing was a little shakey, he nudged her arm and lowered his voice almost to a whisper. "Are you alright?"

Milan shook her head, but kept her focus on the window next to her. "I don't like planes. They've always scared me."

"Hey, we'll be alright." Harry comforted as he nudged her leg with his. "We have a good pilot and have done this dozens of times before. And I'll be right here the whole plane ride. We are going to take off soon, so you should put on your seat belt."

Milan nodded her head and did as she was told. It was very clear that Milan was scared and Harry hated seeing her like this. The plane was about to take off since everyone was in their seats and they were all ready, so wanting to help her, Harry nudged the girl beside him to get her attention. When she looked over, she saw Harry holding his hand out for her to take, which she did.

As the plane began taking off, Harry felt Milan squeeze his hand due to her nervousness. It didn't hurt him, it only hurt his heart. He put his other hand on hers, trying to keep her as calm as possible They stayed like that until the seat belt light turned off and Harry had let go of her hand to take off his seat belt. Milan immediately put her hand on Harry's arm, worried that he was going to leave.

"Milan, I'm just taking off the seat belt." Harry comforted with a small laugh. Milan let him do so and unbuckled hers as well. As she did so, Milan spoke under her breath, "I thought you weren't gonna stay."

"I'll stay as long as you want." Harry sent her a small smile to which Milan returned it. He then pulled out his phone and asked, "Would Love Actually make you feel better?"

Harry held out one of his earbuds for her to take and as an answer, Milan took it. The two of them spent a part of the plane ride watching Love Actually, which had actually worked as its purpose. Milan seemed pretty calm while they were watching it, most likely because Harry hadn't let go of her hand the whole time. Along with that, Harry had missed most of the movie because he was focused on drawing little shapes on the back of her hand.

When the movie had finished, the other boys were already trying to get some sleep and so was Harry and Milan. Usually everyone moves to their own row so they have more room, but Harry and Milan stayed right where they were. Their hands still intertwined and Harry's head was resting on her shoulder. Milan did have some trouble sleeping since her mind was still fixated on the fact she was in a plane, but she was seemingly more calm than she would've been if someone wasn't here. The boy sleeping next to her who's been nothing but infatuating since the day she met him brought her calmness. The boy who's made her heart flutter with butterflies brought her peace. Harry was her angel.