Chapter 1: Everything's Okay!

💜💙💚💛🧡❤️
𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙊𝙣𝙚
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

I push open the front door of my house and emit a long sigh as my foot steps through, feeling awash with relief at the fact that I was finally in the shelter and safety of home. I untangle the mini festive yellow top-hat that adorned my head out of my hair and toss it aside onto ground without really caring where it landed. I was just so worn and tired from such a long day at work, I was looking forward to finding myself in bed more than anything else. I was awaiting to lug myself into my room and get this ridiculous clown costume off of me.

"Yesssss!!! It's Friday, it's finally the weekend!!"

I jump from the sudden loud exclamation from behind me and turn to see my younger brother, Danny, come stampeding into the house behind me, and he sped straight past me into the living room, cheering and chanting that his school was out for the weekend.

A small smile forms on my face as I witness his pure excitement and I reach back to shut the door he had left open. "Hey (Y/N), what are we gonna do this weekend? Can we go see a movie?" The 8-year-old questioned, kicking his legs as he had perched himself on the arm of the living room couch.

I walk over to the couch and ruffle his snow white hair before placing my bag of supplies on the couch. Before you ask about the hair—I have an extraordinary hard time telling people no and stepping up as an adult, especially towards my brother. He'd wanted to dye his hair white so he could look like "Danny" Phantom a few months back, and me being the huge pushover I am and falling for his constant pleading ...I dyed the boy's hair white.

You can bet I was called into his school and questioned profusely by his teachers...

"You know," I chuckle, crossing my arms at him, "We could watch a movie here at home. For free."

"But... that's not as fun as going to the movie theatre."

He sounded disappointed in my response, assuming that my word was final. I frowned a bit and shook my head, not wanting to spoil his good mood, "You know what? You're right, the movie theatre is way more fun."

"I know right!? When can we go?"

"...Tomorrow."

"Heck yeah!!! I can't wait!"

His joyful demeanor returned and he hopped off the arm of the couch, punching the air excitedly and running over to his huge toy box settled beside our TV, beginning to dig in for his toys.

I honestly didn't have the kind of money to toss at a movie right now, but I'd do just about anything to make Danny happy...or more like anyone happy...

...I hate being a pushover.

Even today at work, I had reached my maximum of hours as an attending entertainer at this kid's birthday party, but the birthday kid's parents begged profusely for me to stay a few hours longer, as apparently the children really liked me. They promised me extra pay, but let me be real with you—I only did it because I wanted the parents and the children to be happy. Even thought I was beyond my limit and tired as hell, I couldn't bring myself to say no...

Despite getting paid extra for today's session, I still have to pay the bills, shop for groceries and other necessities that me and Danny will need to survive. It hasn't been easy trying to make ends meet when it's just me on my own working—and I'm currently only working one job. I'm working on finding myself in another one though.

I glance upwards as if staring through the ceiling of the house and into the sky above, then let out a heavy sigh. "Why'd you guys have to leave us so soon, huh? Did you really think I could do all of this by myself? How long do you think I'll last...I'm just a clown—literally. Me and Danny can't live off of this small amount forever..."