Chapter 7: The Illusion of Death

💜💙💚💛🧡❤️
𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙎𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

I was hiding out in the mansion's bathroom, taking a break from my Circus-Freak form. I sat on the counter on my phone, trying to research more stuff about these "CreepyPasta" I was going to be surrounded by.

Sure enough, I managed to find a bunch of dirt on all of them except Splendor... Some I acquired more information than others, but it didn't make a difference to me. They were all disastrous.

The one that struck me the hardest though was Candy Pop. Somehow, I remembered him—or at least I think I did. He seemed familiar...like someone I knew in my childhood. I just don't know how. I would've truly remembered him if I knew, but I couldn't piece the memories together...

I rubbed my head, feeling a growing headache coming on as I'd just finished reading through accounts of Laughing Jill. "Why and how did Danny come to get involved in all of this. It's not fair..." I mutter to myself. I was still unsure of how to go about being a Riddler and trying to "steal away" my brother from the others like Splendor said. My best bet would probably be to maybe turn them against each other? Or maybe fake Danny's death, then run off with him and escape to another country? I just wanted anything that would guarantee his safety.

A loud knock from the door causes me to jump and drop my phone on the floor, and my eyes widened.

"Is everything alright in there, Riddler?"
I hear Splendor's voice from the other side and sigh in relief. "Yeah, I'm alright Splendor. Thanks..."

"You may want to hurry. The others are looking for you!"

'They're looking for me...?'

I heave a sigh and grab my phone up off the floor, stuffing it into my pocket. I then grab my transformation deck and pull out a card, placing it against forehead, and a light flashed around me, signaling my transformation had occurred. I then pull open the door and step out to be met with Splendor's smiling form.

"Good to see ya! The others are waiting in the dining room."

I nod my head and slowly head down a small set of twisting stairs towards the red door that was the dining area from before. I walk in and see that Laughing Jill and Danny were at the table decorating a large cake together. Jason was sitting next to where Danny was, painting a wooden toy train. Candy Cane and Laufey Jordy were at the corner of the room taking turns with Candy Cane's giant mallet, playing a high striker game. There was so much lights, color, talking, and action everywhere that it left me slightly dizzy.

I walk a bit into the room until suddenly I feel both my arms being grabbed. I look from left to right and see both Laughing Jack and Candy Pop had seized me.

"Little Riddler, we've been searching for ye, heheh," Laughing Jack snickers with a large grin. "We'd been wanting to ask—how would you like to go hunting for a prey with us? You know, just to see what your killing methods are and all~?" Candy Pop smirked.

"I think...I think that sounds like a wonderful idea!" I shot back at them, smiling beneath my mask. They both looked like they didn't expect the response they got, but it only made them seem to grow more excited.

"Where shall we go? Who do we seek?" Candy Pop questioned. "Why not let The Riddler decide? I bet they might know whose best to target," Laughing Jack suggested. "Oh indeed, I do have an idea. I want to put a little bratty child away," I snark, folding my arms.

No the hell I didn't. But I did have an idea. It was time to see just how far I could go with these illusion powers Splendor gave me. I was going to attempt to fake out a whole murder scene.