Chapter 15: Some One Knows Your Seeecreeeeet~...

💜💙💚💛🧡❤️
𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

"Bye you guys! See you laterrrr!"

I watched as Danny waved beside SplendorMan at the Circus Freaks as Splendor was now preparing to take him back home. I didn't really have an excuse to make my leave this time, so I just decided to stay back for a bit before making a display of me pretending to return home from work.

"Well now that Danny's gone, what do you all say to a Traveling Circus Night~?" Candy Cane pipes up once Splendor and Danny had left. "Traveling Circus Night..." I repeat, glaring at Candy Cane curiously. "Right, Riddler's never joined us for our Traveling Circus Nights," Laufey said, tilting his head, "this'll be their first time, hm?"

"It's simple," Candy Pop scoffed, "all off us Circus-Freaks go out together and torment one lucky person for the night~"

"All except Splendor, that is," Jason put in. "Right, we all decide on a victim n' each of us has a hand in setting up an elaborate trap for 'em," Laughing Jill explained, "once the victim is safely in our clutches, we all getta hand in letting them live their final moments n' absolute horror, ahhehehe!"

"Wow, sounds...fun!" I forced out with faked excitement. "So you'll join us then?" Laughing Jack grinned, clasping his hands together as he gazed at me. "Of course they will! They're one of us after all, they must come along!" Laufey insisted, smirking at me. "It's a 'family' outing thing, you'll get used to it," Jill shrugged placing a hand on her hip.

I heaved out a sigh. It looked like I wasn't going to be getting out of this one, even if I tried. I think the Circus Freaks were going to make me participate in the gruesome outing...and to make things worse, I had to be home soon, as work for me would have been over about half an hour ago...

"You don't seem too thrilled, Riddler," Candy Pop's remark broke me out of my thoughts, and I turn to glare at him, "How would you know, you can't even see my face?"

"Jusssssst a hunch~."

I rolled my eyes and scoffed, "I'm more than excited to see what Traveling Circus Night is about! After all, I am one of you now, as Laufey said."

"Heh, wonderful!" Laughing Jack exclaimed. "It'll be fun Riddler, you'll see~"

"Then let's all prepare, shall we?" Laufey said, turning from the rest of us, "sundown is soon...the earlier the better~!"

"Agreed!" Candy Cane giggled, hurling her hammer around onto her shoulder, "don't take too long now!"

I watched as the Circus-Freaks all took off to their respective rooms within the house. I take a moment to breathe, as I was finally by myself and think about what was to come. So, apparently I'm being dragged into a situation where the freaks are going out together to hunt someone down and torture them to death. Just my luck. I was thinking about somehow pulling off another illusion like last time to prevent the possibility of a real person getting hurt, but I was worried about the amount of Splendor's magic I'd have to use up to pull it off and how it might have an effect on me. If I made any mistakes, my cover would be blown and all my efforts would go to waste. If I didn't figure out something quick, I'm going to end up having a hand in an innocent person's demise...