Chapter 10: Time To Go To "Work"

💜💙💚💛🧡❤️
𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙚𝙣
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

»»---- ⦻ ----««
TIMESKIP
»»---- ⦻ ----««

Monday morning came quicker than I would've liked.

After an uneventful day yesterday (besides that weird dream I had in the morning), I was only slightly less peeved about having to head off to work.

Somehow, Danny seemed to go a whole day without encounters with the Circus-Freaks—either that or he was speaking with them behind my back—and we got to spend basically the whole day together.

I was downstairs taking care of Danny's breakfast when Danny suddenly wandered lazily into the kitchen. He was still in his pajamas with his hair ruffled and messy, and his eyes were just barely glazed over.

"Dannabeth, what are you doing? You should be dressed and ready for school by now, it's late."
I don't shout at him, but I make it clear that the situation was urgent.

"(Y/N), can I...stay home today?"

"What—Danny you already used all your sick days, your teachers will write you up if you miss any more days. Are you feeling sick?"

"......Yeahh......"

I narrowed my eyes a bit, not fully believing his unsure tone of voice.

"Here, I'll check your tempreature."

"Ummm...that's okay..." Danny mumbled, backing away.

I sighed and tilted my head, "Danny, you're not really sick are you? What's up, why don't you wanna go to school today?"

Danny hesitated before looking aside and muttering, "...Laughing Jack says school is boring and I could just stay home and play with him today."

I rolled my eyes to the back of my head, 'Seriously Jack. You're annoying.'

"Danny, Laughing Jack is wrong, you still have to go to school."

"But—"

I figure it's time I step up as an adult and put my 'foot down'...or whatever. Otherwise, Danny'll think he can get whatever he wants, even though I wish I could give him that much. I can't please everyone forever though.

"Tell Laughing Jack to get lost and go get ready for school. Unlike him, you'll be learning and getting smarter while he stays home and gets dumber."

I smirk after saying this, and Danny glares at me dumbfounded.

Suddenly, I feel something sharp pinching my nose and suddenly my head is being lifted upwards against my own will.

"AAGH—STO0P IT—THAT HURTS!!" I shout, trying to grab my face, but I feel the grip of someone's sturdy hold clasping my nose.

I hear Danny begin laughing at this and grow pissed.

'He'd never laugh at me suffering like this, come on!'

"Alright alright stop LJ! You're gonna rip off (Y/N)'s nose!" Danny giggled, rubbing his eyes.

I gulped because I knew damn well the clown could very well and very much might rip off my nose.

Danny suddenly stopped laughing and looked at the empty space with a worried expression, "No wait, please don't...you're going to hurt them a lot...."

'Oh no, what is he saying....'

"Uhh...Laughing Jack...? Can you please...let go..." I ask in a very nasally voice thanks to him gripping my nose now. It feels like his grip is tightening more and more and I feel something running down my nose...