1

A/N: First of all, let's get this out of the way first: If you didn't read the description, this story will include Age Play/Age Regression (even after all this time I'm still slightly unclear what the difference is but either way, just keep that in mind). If that's not your thing, close out of this fic right now. I won't be offended. I get it. It's not everyone's thing. Just quietly close out the fic. No harm, no foul.

Secondly, this is basically New Adjustments 2.0. 90% of the premise is the same, but I've reread that fic several times and keep having thoughts about what I would change, and those thoughts sort of spiraled into an actual fic. So, here I am posting the first chapter to see if there's any interest.

I'm too lazy to do proper world building as like a prelude to the story, but if you've read New Adjustments (or even that one little Ally fic I had published at one point), it's the same premise. For those that stumble upon this not having read New Adjustments, basically it's a completely alternate universe where everyone gets a designation at 18 that deems you a dom, a sub, a caregiver, or a little. You'll get more explanation through out the fic. I'm just lazy and a terrible author.

Also, like New Adjustments, Lauren's back story includes abuse. I will give a warning any time something explicit comes up. That being said, this first chapter does hint at it, but there's nothing overtly descriptive or detailed.

If you made it this far and decided to stick around, I hope you read and enjoy. :)

-------------------------

Lauren ran her hands through her hair frustratedly as Camila stormed out of their apartment. She clutched at the strands and tugged harshly, wincing at the pain but not bothering to stop.

She was so stupid. She just had to go and yell at her best friend.

Now Camila would probably decide to never come back. All because Lauren was stupid and yelled at her when she shouldn't have.

Lauren tugged her hair frustratedly again, tears welling from both the pain and frustration.

She was so stupid and overreacted to a simple question.

All Camila had asked was if Lauren would be okay on her own for the weekend. Which was what Camila did every weekend anyways. It shouldn't have made Lauren so irritated.

It probably had to do with getting very little sleep after waking from a particularly bad nightmare. A nightmare Lauren didn't want to think about as her hand unconsciously went to trace the scarring on her back.

Or, it could have had to do with her own paranoia about the papers and wristband she'd shoved into the bottom drawer of her dresser. Lauren hadn't ever properly addressed them, but Camila couldn't possibly know yet that she was a Little. She had made sure to check the mail daily since taking the designation assessment to get the letter before Camila could see it. That was months ago. No way her friend knew about it yet.

Lauren rushed back to her room and nearly pulled the dresser drawer out all the way to dig through it. Like she suspected, buried underneath all of her clothes she had haphazardly thrown inside, were the letter, assessment results, and wristband designating her as a Little. She sighed in relief seeing they were still there and presumably unseen. Camila knew better than to go through Lauren's stuff without permission.

Lauren shoved the items back under her clothes and shut the drawer.

She would get something to eat, take a long, hot shower, and then curl up under her blankets and not come out until Sunday night when Camila got back. Then she could apologize, because she really, really didn't mean to snap at Camila like she had. It wasn't even Camila's fault. She didn't deserve any of Lauren's irritation.