15

A/N: Hello, here is a new chapter.

Hopefully you read and enjoy. :)

--------------------

Lauren grimaced as a near blinding light flashed over top, and she brought her Nala up to hide her face in the soft fur as a loud, booming roll of thunder followed. She wanted to be inside as soon as possible if it was going to rain.

Rain didn't fall yet, but she had a strong suspicion that it would come at any minute. Another flash of lightning had her picking up her pace as she followed Camila down the street to the trio's house.

"Well, there goes my plan to ask about going to the park tomorrow," Camila murmured as they walked up the driveway to the front door. "The fields always flood when it rains, and it takes ages for everything to dry off."

Lauren only shrugged as a response. She wasn't entirely sure she wanted to go to the park anyways, so she didn't mind too much. At the moment, she just wanted to be inside where it was safe from lightning and any imminent rainfall. She didn't want Nala to get wet or dirty. She could have prevented that by tucking the plush safely away in her backpack, but Lauren had wanted to carry her on the walk to the trio's house.

The pair walked up onto the porch, and Camila knocked on the door. "You got classwork done for the weekend, right?"

Lauren twisted her foot as she looked at the ground. "Well, I have some readings to do before Tuesday, but they're short."

Camila waved her hand dismissively as she said, "That's fine. Mostly I just wanted to be sure you didn't have anything pressing that you would have to leave early."

Ally greeted them as the door opened. "Hi, girls." She stepped back to let them inside. "Dinner will be ready shortly. Why don't you go put your stuff upstairs?" she suggested as she motioned to the staircase. "Lauren, the guest room next to Camila's is set up for you if you want to use it."

Lauren nodded and shyly thanked the older woman before following Camila upstairs. She opened the door to the room next to Camila's. It wasn't nearly as decorated as her friend's room, but she didn't really expect all that much anyways. The bed did have a purple and grey striped comforter on top, and matching purple pillowcases on the pillows.

She set her backpack and Nala down gently on the bed. She glanced to the door to make sure no one was there before she turned back. She leaned down and gently kissed Nala's head. "I'll come back for you after dinner," she whispered as she pat the stuffed lion's head.

She didn't want Nala to get dirty, and keeping her on the bed would ensure the plush didn't get lost, too.

She turned and made her to the door and spotted Camila waiting for her just outside the threshold.

Had her friend seen her? A blush crept its way up Lauren's cheeks as the thought occurred to her. Camila probably wouldn't judge her for it, but Lauren still felt embarrassed about the idea of being seen in that moment. Which probably shouldn't have been all that embarrassing because she knew for a fact that Camila talked to her stuffed animals, but Lauren couldn't help it. She wasn't quite ready to be that open about things just yet.

Camila just smiled at her and motioned towards the stairs. "Come on. I'm hungry."

"You could have gone down without me," Lauren reasoned as they walked to the stairs.

"It's fine. They wouldn't start eating until you came down anyways."

They made their way down to the kitchen, and Lauren headed for the sink to wash her hands before she sat down. One of the three would tell her to do it, so best to get it done without actually being instructed to do so.