14

A/N: This took way too long to finish, but it's done.

Hopefully you read and enjoy. :)

---------------------

"Hi, Lauren, you can come on in," Dinah greeted with a warm smile. "Walz, you can stay on the porch."

Camila rolled her eyes as she pushed her way inside. "Rude. Can't believe you're already replacing me with Lauren."

"She actually has manners," Dinah argued as she shut the door. "But, I suppose you were here first," she teased. She laughed as the younger girl stuck her tongue out. She pulled Camila into a gentle headlock and tussled the girl's hair affectionately. "I'm just messing with you, Camila."

Lauren watched the two curiously. Camila didn't seem to be upset. Quite the opposite, in fact, judging by Camila's laughter.

"Dinah Jane, don't hurt her," Normani warned as she walked down the hallway from the kitchen. "Are we sure you're not actually a child?" she mumbled to herself as she shook her head exasperatedly. She turned to Lauren with a smile. "Hi, Lauren."

Lauren tentatively smiled back. "Hi, Normani. Um, thank you for having me over."

"See, told you she was more polite than you," Dinah teased as she finally released Camila. She moved over to wrap an arm around Lauren's shoulders and started to lead her to the kitchen. "Ally's finishing up dinner. We'll eat, and then we need to talk about some things."

"It's not anything bad, is it?" Lauren questioned hesitantly.

Surely they weren't about to tell her they were taking back their offer, right?

Dinah gently squeezed Lauren's shoulder. "It's not bad, promise," she assured. "We just want to lay down some rules and guidelines for when you start coming over."

Lauren's brows furrowed in slight confusion. "But why did we have to come over tonight to do that?" she asked as they entered the kitchen.

Ally looked up from where she stood at the sink. "We'd like to talk about these things before you come over on the weekend. This way, you know what to expect, and you don't stress over it beforehand."

Lauren ducked her head shyly. They knew her well enough already. "Oh. I guess that makes sense."

Ally smiled and said, "Why don't you guys wash your hands while I finish up the rest of dinner?"

Lauren and Camila were quick to comply and then took seats at the table.

Normani set plates in front of both girls before she went to grab silverware.

Lauren glanced down at her plate and frowned slightly. The ravioli in marinara sauce, side salad, and garlic bread looked really good. She wasn't upset about that. However, some of the sauce had spilled across the plate, touching her salad and garlic bread. It shouldn't have been a big deal. Maybe it was because she took two exams that day, or just the general exhaustion of the day, but it bothered her slightly.

She noticed Camila giving her a curious glance, but she just shook her head. It really wasn't a big deal. She was just tired. That was all.

Dinner passed easily with the three asking how their weeks had been. Once they were done eating, Lauren tried to offer help with cleaning up, but Ally only ushered her toward the living room.

Finally, they were all sat down in the living room. Camila and Lauren sat on one couch, and the three sat on the other. Normani chose to sit on top of  Dinah, who grumbled under her breath but made no attempt to move the older woman.