19

A/N: Did I accidentally let like two weeks pass without an update? Whoops, my bad. The writer's block has set in slightly.

Read and enjoy, maybe? :)

-------------------------------

Camila threw the car door open and scampered up the driveway and into the house as soon as Normani had parked.

"That girl," the older woman muttered affectionately as she shook her head. "You had a good time, right?" she asked as Lauren climbed out of the car at a much more leisure pace. "I don't need to report any mishaps to Ally?"

Lauren shook her head. With her bags of new items and the smoothie bought as a treat in hand, she followed Normani up the drive and inside. She wasn't entirely sure if that last little tidbit was a joke, or if Normani would actually get in trouble if something had gone wrong.

Lauren hung back slightly as they approached the den.

Camila was already sitting on the couch between Dinah and Ally showing off her new blanket.

Ally looked up as the two entered. "I hope the smoothies were the only treat purchased today."

Normani rolled her eyes. "Relax, Allyson. There's actual fruit in smoothies."

Ally started to reply, but then stopped and considered the statement. "I don't really have anything to argue that."

Dinah snickered from the other side of Camila. "I love seeing your cute little confused frown when you lose an argument."

Ally rolled her eyes. "I'm not that bad." She glanced in Lauren's direction and smiled brightly. "Mila was just showing us her new blanket. Did you get anything today?"

"I hope Ralph got something. That was the entire point of their outing."

Lauren's brow pinched together in confusion. She tilted her head to the side slightly. "Ralph?"

Dinah shrugged. "Like Ralph Lauren. I'm workshopping some nicknames for you."

"That one sucks compared to your usual competence in coming up with nicknames," Normani commented.

"My reply would get you in trouble with the missus, but just know I hate you."

Ally sighed heavily and pressed two fingers to the bridge of her nose. "You've been back barely five minutes, and a migraine is setting in already."

Camila glanced over to Lauren, who had tensed slightly at the statement. "Lo," she called softly.

Ally immediately snapped her head up to look at the older girl. "I absolutely did not mean you, Lauren," she assured firmly. "I wasn't even serious about it, but I was only talking about Normani and Dinah." She held a hand out. "Why don't you come show me what you picked out?"

Dinah nodded and gently pushed Camila off the couch to make room for Lauren. "I'm curious to know what you got, too."

Camila pouted at losing her spot before she chose to clamber into Dinah's lap.

Dinah grunted and grabbed the younger girl to adjust into a more comfortable position. "Warn a woman next time."

Lauren eyed the two skeptically. "You want to see?"

Ally nodded fervently. "Of course we do." She smiled warmly and patted the spot between herself and Dinah.

Normani gently nudged Lauren forward. "Now would be a good chance to ask," she encouraged.

Ally tilted her head slightly. "Ask what?"

"You'll just have to find out, Shortstack," Normani replied before she left the den.