11

A/N: Hello, here's an update to start your weekend. 

Not quite what I originally intended for this chapter to be, but I like the end result. I especially like one scene in particular, but no spoilers.

Hopefully you read and enjoy. :)

--------------------

After lunch, and Ally buying the two girls ice cream as promised, the group headed back to the trio's house. Lauren hadn't realized she'd fallen asleep on the drive back until someone shook her shoulders, startling her from her dozing.

"Woah, sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," Normani apologized as Lauren sat up suddenly with a gasp. "We're back at the house. Mila already ran inside."

Lauren nodded as she breathed out slowly in an attempt to stop her racing heart. She really hadn't meant to fall asleep. "I can- I can go home," she mumbled as she rubbed her eyes with the back of her fist.

Normani shook her head with a small frown. She wasn't entirely sure how waking the girl up translated into meaning Lauren had to leave. "No, you don't have to. Unless that's what you want to do," she promised as she slid out of the back seat. "You can stay the night again if you want, Lauren. You staying is not a problem."

"But I'm not your Little," Lauren stated as she got out of the car. She dragged her bag of stuffed animals across the seat. Nala was held close to her chest. "You don't have to be responsible for me."

Normani hummed as she walked up the driveway to the front door. "That is true," she conceded. She opened the door and let Lauren walk in first. "However, we like you, so if you want to stay, you're more than welcomed to."

Lauren scrunched her nose slightly as her brows furrowed in confusion. She wasn't entirely sure what to say to that. She didn't get a chance to say anything because a yawn took over.

Normani laughed quietly. "I'm sure you could go take nap upstairs if you wanted. I have a feeling that's what Mila went to do."

Lauren nodded and trudged up the stairs, dragging her bag of stuffed animals behind. She was still kind of tired, and a nap sounded good.

Camila wasn't in her room when Lauren got there. She figured her friend might be with Dinah or Ally. That was good. She didn't want to disrupt Camila's routine anymore than she already had.

Lauren changed out of her jeans and into a pair of sweatpants. Napping in jeans did not sound very comfortable to her. She took all of her new plushies out of the bag and carefully set them on the bed. She was pretty sure Camila wouldn't mind her taking up the bed with her stuffed animals.

Lauren still kept Nala clutched to her chest as she settled underneath the blankets. She brought Nala up to her cheek and nuzzled against the stuffed animal. The fur was so soft sine it was brand new. Lauren let out a relaxed sigh and closed her eyes. Within a minute, she was out like a light.

-----------------

Normani watched Lauren make her way upstairs before she herself ventured off in the direction of the kitchen. She found Ally perusing through the fridge. "What are you doing?"

"Seeing what we have for dinner tonight," the older woman answered. "Where's Lauren?"

"She still seemed pretty sleepy. I suggested she could go upstairs and take a nap. I take it Dinah is with Camila?"

Ally closed the fridge and turned around. "Yep, she's supposedly getting Camila down for a nap."

Normani snorted softly. "We'll see if that actually works out. Dinah very rarely ever gets Mila to actually settle down." She grabbed a drink from the fridge and sat at the island counter. "I think Lauren wants to talk about something," she stated thoughtfully. "I didn't quite catch the entire conversation, but Dinah and I found them at the table in the food court kicking each other. It sounded like Lauren wanted Camila to be around for something. They didn't explain anything, but I just have a feeling."