Chapter 4: The Gem

Vi stepped out the broken window of the old shop, a sack full of food for her and Caitlyn as well as baby supplies tucked into the glove of the gauntlet clinging to her back. She looked at Cait and leaned forward, kissing her forehead.

"Let's go, Cupcake, before enforcers see us."

Caitlyn tilted her head and raised an eyebrow.

"I'm still wearing enforcer gear."

Vi shook her head.

"It doesn't matter, they'll recognize you."

The pair soon continued on through the deserted streets. Everyone in Piltover was hidden inside their homes, terrified of the mysterious bomber. Ah yes, we almost forgot about a certain cyan haired girl. Jinx, who had fled the scene, sat proudly on a piltover rooftop, Watching the sunrise and humming to herself. A slight shine caught the corner of her pinkish eyes, and Jinx glared down at the shiny object. Below her on the street were Vi and Caitlyn, walking away from Jinx's position. Jinx smirked and took out her small telescope, gazing down at them through the bronze tube.

"Cowards."

Suddenly, Jinx noticed the small, dark purple head of hair resting against Vi's shoulder. Jinx bared her teeth.

"That better not be what I fucking think it is."

At that moment, the tiny head moved, allowing Jinx to catch a glimpse of the infant's tiny, salmon pink face. Jinx clenched her teeth harder.

"First she replaces me with some... enforcer WHORE, and now they have a new baby?!"

Jinx's eyes grew wide as her delusion grew further in her mind.

"What if Caitlyn isn't the replacement, this little bastard kid is?!"

However, before Jinx could aim her pistol, the two disappeared out of sight. It was too late to fire. Jinx rolled her eyes.

"I'll find you... Vi..."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the sun rose further, Vi and Caitlyn found rest in a dark alleyway towards the edge of town. They practically collapsed against a brick wall, tired from walking through the night. Surprisingly, the small child remained asleep in Vi's arms. Cait watched and Vi cradled the orphan, humming softly to keep her asleep. "She doesn't have a name, you know", Caitlyn whispered. Vi smiled, not looking up. "Amethyst. Her hair reminds me of that gem." 

Vi rested her head against Caitlyn. "It's a beautiful name, Vi", Caitlyn whispered, wrapping her arms around Vi and cuddling her. They both knew that their rest would be short, so they silently held each other and embraced the moment alone. For the first time in years, Vi had a family again.