Chapter 11: The Worst of Horrors

Vi saw the shadow of Jinx creeping up behind Caitlyn and reached for her gauntlets. But, to her horror, before Vi could even slip the gauntlets, Jinx grabbed Caitlyn's hair and yanked her backwards. Caitlyn screamed in terror as Jinx ripped Amythest from her arms. The gauntlets activated and Vi charged forward, but it was too late. Jinx sprinted and jumped out the window, cackling as she disappeared. Vi, without hesitation, took a running start and leaped out behind Jinx, her massive hex Tech gauntlets catching her fall. 

Vi pursued Jinx through the streets, the cry of Amythest, who was terrified by this point, driving her forward. They darted in and out of alleyways like they had as kids, only this time Powder didn't have an enforcer chasing her. Rather, it was a force even more dangerous, a protective mother. 

Jinx reached the old sewer drain and began to pry at the lid, setting Amythest down beside it. However, as she got the lid open the force of what felt like the Earth itself threw her against the wall. Vi held Jinx off the ground, her gauntlet tightly squeezing her younger sister's neck. 

"Powder I don't know what the fuck happened to you, and quite frankly I don't care. But you don't ever get to mess with my fiancé or our daughter."

Jinx whimpered, falling unconscious from the lack of air. Vi let her go, not wanting to kill her sister. She walked over to a hysterical Amythest, who upon seeing her mother standing over her held up her tiny hands and began babbling. Vi picked her up and cradled the child, tears beginning to roll down her cheeks.

"I'm so sorry Amy, I'm so sorry... this is all my fault..."

Caitlyn finally caught up to Vi and, upon seeing a knocked-out Jinx, took out her handcuffs. Jinx was cuffed and 2 other enforcers came to pick her up. Caitlyn saw her sobbing fiancé clutching their daughter and calmly approached her.

"Hey... Violet... I'm here now..."

Caitlyn placed a hand on Vi's cheek. Vi looked up, the last tears trickling down the side of her face.

"Cupcake, it's all my fault..."

"Vi listen, it's not your fault. I can't believe how motherly and heroic you just were. You just went through a window for your daughter, think of that! Look honey, let's go home... you need to rest after that."

With a loving kiss and a smile, the woman left the alleyway and headed back to the Kiramann manor.