chapter 8

I was supposed to stay in my bed for a while  to try and get better then. Every night I wished that Wyatt  and lzzy  were here. I start to cough  up a storm or for me what it feels like a long time.  After my cough attack the doctor  walks in "how are you today johnna" He asks with a cunserund. I  looked  at  him surprised,  " idk doctor, how do I look?" I said joking around.  He didn't  think it was funny  senns I could be laying in my death bed. " Come one dock light up I was joking." I said as I coughed  a little.  "Will let me  listen to your hurt." So I let him listen to it. "  How long have you been in bed?" He ask me

" Almost a month doc seens I am able to move and go outside and  I still feel like I'm dying. When can I get some  fresh air?" I wondered.  " Ok let's get you some air then take it easy when you get up since you've been in bed  for a long time." Inode and I slowly started to get up as I grabbed  the Kane  that  Wyatt got for me and also picked up a cloth that I was using to wrap my mouth or that I coughed in.  I looked  at the doctor " I wish Wyatt and  Lizzy  were here but I understand  that they are there  with  doc holliday." He looked  at  me, feeling  what my heart  felt.  " don't  worry, I am sure they'll be back soon.

Actually  I got a letter from Wyatt for you." I looked at him surprised  and excited. I held  my hand out waiting for the doctor  to hand me the letter when I heard a female voice  coming from the hall. I sat back down not sure if I had recognized the voice  or what, then I coughed to the cloth  I was holding in my right hand.  Then I heard I male voice  which I was hoping was Wyatt's  but I knew I realized the voice to be Doc's voice.  

I looked  at the  doctor  surprised  as I was trying to walk  to the door. The doctor  told me to lay back down. I was confused  and sad  so I got back to the bed  and  lay back down.  He did one  final once over  on me then he lifted  but not before I heard the female  voice  agen. I wanted to sit  up but my body didn't  want me to.  Then the next moment I hear the door open and I see Lizzy  and  Doc standing by the door a little  confused  and  concerned. I ask " where  is wyatt?"

"How do you feel and Wyatt is talking to the doctor  right now down stairs." As I coughed into the cloth  I saw the fear in Doc's eyes and  I got sad and worried  but at the same time happy to see him healthy.  "Lizzy I feel better  now you are here. I feel like I'm dying to be honest."   Doc walked up to me and patted  my head then he kissed  lizzy on the lips. I couldn't  help but smile. "Crungats you too"  " doc can you  leave  so I can help johnna change."  He nodes and then leaves.  I looked at her  "aren't  you afraid of me dying?" I ask  . " That's silly  of you for saying that." I looked at her  " you know deep down that you are   afraid  of losing me."  I start to have a coughing fit. Am sure that Wyatt heard me coughing  cause the next moment  I know I am in a man's arms.

He held me tight  and I couldn't  help but sinke  into his body as I coughed. "Wyatt, I don't  want to  die." I said as tears rolled down.  "Who  did this to you?" He asked  with a serious  but cursed tone in his voice.  I tried to say  the girl's name before  I passed  from exhortation from not being able to sleep the past nights. 

When I came to I saw Lizzy standing  talking  to  the doctor  and I looked to my side and  saw Wyatt there.  I speeked up " Mattie did this." I started to cough again and  Wyatt handed me  his clothes he always cared around Wyatt and  Lizzy  looked  at  each other. "She wanted  to take revenge  on me to get to you both." Almost crying then Wyatt hugs me closer to his chest  . I didn't have to look at Lizzy. I knew  she was mad.  Or at least more than mad. I could tell Wyatt was too but  he  didn't show it.

After a couple  of days of them being  back in town I was able to get some fresh  air  and walk around. I started  to feel better in a week or so. I still have the coughing  fights but I told Wyatt not to worry about  it. One day I was out on a  walk around the town by myself  so I decided  to go to a saloon  and have a couple  of drinks. That's when I  thought I saw   Iik Clanton. So I ordered  one more then I hear a male voice  that seemed  to be fermailer to me and thinking it was Wyatt I trundle around.

I froze then I pulled  my gun and aimed it to his head " I can shot you done right here right now or you tell me what you want"  I said in a mixed  tone of being scared  and  hrush. I see him scared  and him putting his hands up like he don't want no trouble  and he says nothing so a crock my gun "tell me what you want with me ik you want to ask me something what is it?"   Then I felt a hand touch  mine and  I lowered my gun. I didn't know who was touching my hand then I just heard y'alling. That's all I could remember  from that day  when I woke up. I was  out in the middle of nowhere. Seeing Ike standing there looking at me then I looked at my hands seeing them tide with me feet tiad.  I tried to speak but it came out muffled. Ike looked at me " would you join me again and become a cowboy?" He asked in a way where it sounded like a question but at the same time it wasn't. I  shocked my head.  Then I realized I don't have my guns then I realized I saw a girl standing with him I never seemed  her around before.   " Fine, you're not going to eat anything for now one" the voice said, then I looked away as I tried to get out of my rops. Tears run down my eyes as I thought of Wyatt and how worried  he is about me.