REMA - ANNIVERSARY SAGA

I stare down at my phone for the hundredth time in five minutes. It was supposed to be ringing now and not just ringing but also blowing up with messages instead it was the opposite. I shook my head and threw my phone on the bed. With anger I stood up and took off my clothes, to think that I had spent hours getting ready even as far as going shopping.

He's always late.

I shook my head and grab baby wipes to clean the makeup I spent hours doing.

Perhaps he forgot?

No he did not!

I reminded him the day before. I told him last week. I even texted him this morning and we both made plans for this tonight.

A stray tear escape my eyes. I shook my head in attempt to stop the tears but it had already started in full force.

Why do I have to go through this all the time? Why me? I already told myself that I would stop complaining but I can't.

Why won't he act right?

After I wipe my makeup off plus crying for good thirty minutes, I changed out of my dress into pajamas. Since I had nothing important to do you, I might as well watch Netflix then cry myself to sleep.

I flipped through the channel list and settled for my favorite movie. Lord of the Rings. As Legolas shot arrows fighting off some orcs, I went on Instagram. I click on his page. No post! No text! No missed calls? I scoff.

Rema drops new single.

So he has the effrontery to drop a new song but cannot call you? I click on the news and snippet of the song starts playing. I shook my head and exit the app angrily.

What was the point?

I've been dating Rema for three fucking years! And he still forgets our anniversary! Every damn year something always came up, last minutes show, last minute outing, last minute interview.

I wipe my face angrily, why were you even crying? I didn't do anything wrong, I wasn't the one who forgot our anniversary, I was not the absent one. God knows I've done everything I could to make our relationship work, God knows how much I've tried. No more will I try anything, today marked the end.

Again I grabbed my phone and went to his contact. I press the block button. I was done with the relationship. I will not continue to hurt yourself because of a guy. No way! Since he's good at forgetting then he might as well forget everything I cause I was done with him.

Satisfied with my decision, I lock your phone and focused on the movie.

Few seconds later my phone starts blowing up. I frown, who on earth was calling or texting.

I grab my phone to see my friend calling. I roll my eyes and answered.

"Mimi where on earth have you been!!!" Irene yells in my ear.

I frown, "What do you mean? I'm at home or where else would I be?" She better not start nonsense with me cause I was in the mood.

"You're trending girl! I'm so happy for you!!"

That got my attention, trending why? How? "Huh? I don't understand, what do you mean?!"

"Check your Instagram!" With that Irene hangs up leaving me more confused than ever.

I went back on Instagram, the first thing I saw was a video of Rema in an interview. I click on the video, it was the last minute interview he had to do hence why he hasn't called me. In the video they seemed to be closing up then the interviewer asked if he had anything to say. Rema nods and faces the camera.