REMA I

Main character - Zara
Cousin - Michael
Friends - blaqbonez, crayon, fireboy, Sandra

Lagos.
Nigeria.

"What the fuck do you want Michael!!!?"

Boring jobless Wednesday evening, alone in my sanctuary as usual doing absolutely nothing. After two jumbo wrap of blunt I planned to sleep myself to possible death when my phone started ringing crazily. On first instinct I knew it was Michael,the only person who would keep calling till rapture.

"Zara?" Another voice spoke on the phone this time, I check the caller id to be sure I wasn't imagining things. Did Michael change his number?

"This is her? Who is this?"
"Fireboy"
Fireboy? From? Ohhhh "oh hi! Sorry to ask why are you calling with Michael phone?" Did something happen to Michael?? "Is he okay?"

"Yes he's good actually I wanted to talk to you"
"Okay? About?"
"So I'm celebrating my birthday today and I was hoping you'll come. I asked London to tell you but I guess he forgot or something"

He didn't forget in fact Michael kept telling me about it and I intentionally chose to forget.

"Hello Zara? Are you there?"
"Yeah, um I..."
"Listen it's no pressure but I'll really appreciate it" Damola aka fireboy tells me. I sigh, "okay fine. What time?"

"It already started but whenever you choose to come will be fine, I'll text you my address okay?"

"Alright"

I threw the phone back on the bed and sank on it tired. I should skip and call in sick? Yeah right after you said alright? My phone pings.

Club Quilox, lekki toll gate, thank you in advance.

I had no choice now, I threw the duvet back and stood up, I entered the bathroom, did my routine. I decided to dress up like really dress up, so I chose a fashion nova alter neck orange armless top, black shein skirt tied on one side revealing my left thick and black boots. I chose to do a full minimal makeup look this time, I shove everything I might need inside a black colored Zara handbag.

My car refused to start! Of all days it refused to start today? I was pissed! I should call Michael? But to put myself in the mercy of Michael was like going to war with no plans! I hit my palm against the steering annoyed at myself for not refueling.

I'm running late!

I quickly went on the Uber app and booked a ride. While the Uber was on its way I rolled another blunt, I was on second drag when the Uber arrived. I gave the driver the location, he drove me there blasting Wizkid from the radio.

"Thank you very much" I thank the driver, the man wave back and drove off. I stood in front of the very busy club, I tried calling Michael but kept getting his voicemails. If I was the one he will threaten to report to my mom.

Finally London answers his phone.
"Zara!"
"Donkey head!! Why weren't you answering!!" I yelled over the loud music.
He mumbled rubbish then a loud "where are you?"
"I'm by the entrance!" I yell back
"Come to the backstage, I'll meet you there" he say then hung up.

Ignoring the hungry looks some men threw my way I made my way backstage.

Someone grip my shoulder, I turn ready to Jackie Chan the person. London beams at me. "Zara!"
I roll my eyes, "took you long enough?" A smile crept on my face. Michael grab my hands and led me towards where the rest was.