Chapter 10 • No Shame

- Calum's POV -

The ride back home was awkward but surprisingly not as awkward as I thought it would be. I can't believe I blurted out that I wanted to kiss her. I've never done something like that before, almost like she brought out a side of me that I didn't even know I had.

We stopped at a pizza place on the way home to pick up dinner. When we got home, I parked and quickly made my way around the car so I could open the door for her.

"Oh, thank you.", she said blushing. I helped her get out and we made our way inside. Ashton was sitting on the couch watching tv.

"Hey Ash, we brought dinner!", I called out.

"You feeling any better?", Eva asked Ashton in a concerned tone.

"Yeah, I've taken some medicine and rested all day and I feel so much better than yesterday.", he said with a smile.

"Up for a movie night then?", she asked.

"Always!", he said with a laugh.

"Awesome, I'm gonna go shower but feel free to dig in!", she said.

She made her way up the stairs and into her room. I sat down on the couch, pretending to watch the tv show Ash had put on.

"So.. you guys were out for quite a bit.", Ashton said with a smirk, breaking the awkward silence.

"Yeah, I took her to my special spot in the mountain and we just talked for hours.", I said.

"That's it?", he said smirking.

"Yeah, that's it. I respect her too much to make a move.", I said.

"Mhm..or she rejected you..again.", he said.

"Ok, not exactly. We made a mutual agreement to not pursue anything.", I said.

"So..you told her you liked her?", he asked.

"Uhh, not in those exact words.. I kinda just blurted out that I wanted to kiss her.", I said embarrassed.

"Mateeee..", he whined. "..no you didn't.", he fell back into the couch in laughter.

"Unfortunately, I did..", I said putting my hands over my face.

"Well, what'd she say?", he asked.

"Here's the thing, she could get fired if the higher ups ever found out she was with a client in any way other than professional; I can't risk that for her, she's worked too hard for that job. She said that even though she wanted the same thing, we cant, and I have to respect that.", I explained.

"Damn, that's real tough Cal. I say fuck the execs and go get your girl but that's just me!", he exclaimed.

"I wish it was that simple..", I sighed. "..I'm gonna go shower quickly, be right back.", I added, getting up from the couch.

"Sure thing, I'll be here. C'mon Duke, let's get you some dinner", I hear Ash say from a distance.

- Eva's POV -

As I let the hot water fall down my body, I couldn't help but think about my day with Calum. I can't believe we almost kissed. I really liked him, I hated that I couldn't do anything about it, maybe one day, but the chances of him even waiting for me would be very slim to none. Everyone has daydreamed about being with a celebrity, but I never thought it could ever be a reality. I was stupid to think anything could ever come of us. I was nobody, and I had everything to lose; still, that didn't stop my heart from skipping a beat every time Calum smiled at me. I had to step away from my feelings, if that was even possible.

After showering, I got out, and decided to put a face mask on. This Calum situation was definitely giving me worry lines. I took a picture and posted it on my Instagram story with the caption "me time" and locked my phone.

I finished getting dressed, putting on comfy clothes, and headed downstairs to find Ashton in the kitchen making popcorn.

"Woooah, what's on your face?", he asked laughing.

"You never seen a face mask Ash?", I giggled.

"Not in person! What's it do?", he asked.

"Just makes your skin toned and soft, want some?", I offered.

"Nahh, the texture of that looks questionable.", he said with a concerned look on his face.

"Well, I have under-eye patches if that's better.", I laughed.

"Yeah, I'll take some of those, I haven't been sleeping well so I got bags.", he said.

I heard Calum coming down the stairs to meet us in the kitchen. He looked at me shocked.

"Whaaaat?! Face mask? I want some!", he whined.

"You like face masks bro?", Ash asked.

"Duh, they make your skin soft.", he said rolling his eyes.

"Ok well come up with me and I'll put some on you and bring Ash his patches.", I said with a smile.

We made our way upstairs to my bathroom and I took out the face mask.

"Ugh, you're too tall.", I complained.

"Here, let me help.", he said.

He picked me up and sat me down on the sink counter so we were at eye level.

"See, that's better.", he said smiling.

I started putting the face mask on him, remembering how close our faces were when we were on the mountain. This was definitely not helping my feelings issue.

"You know, even with a blue face, you're still cute.", he said smirking.

"Caluuum.", I whined.

"I know, I know. Sorry.", he chuckled.

I finished putting the face mask on him, then he helped me down and we went back downstairs to join Ashton on the couch.

"Finally, I'm ready to get beautiful!", Ashton exclaimed.

I laughed and sat next to him to help him put the under-eye patches on. Once we all had our masks on, we got comfy on the couch and put on a movie. I took a picture of our set up and put it on my Instagram story.

I had observed Calum and Ashton also taking a picture of themselves and our setup to put on their Instagram stories; force of habit made me like their posts right away. I forgot I had their post notifications on.

"Heyyy, I'm not following you yet?", Calum asked.

"Oh, uh, I guess not, why?", I asked.

"Cause I just got the notification that you liked my post..", he said with a laugh.

I felt my cheeks getting warm.

"Oh hey, you follow us?", Ashton asked.

" Oh she's our biggest fan, mate.", Calum said teasingly.

"Stoooop..", I whined. "..no i'm nooot!", I laughed.

The teasing was non-stop for a few minutes as Calum repeated what I had confessed to him yesterday. I was feeling super embarrassed by the end of it but I knew they were just kidding.

"Well, now you got two out of four, how's it feel, number one fan?", Ash teased.

"I feel.. honored.", I said, faking sniffling.

***

The rest of the night was spent laughing, watching movies, and eating. We finally all passed out on the couch at 3am. The bond I was creating with Calum and Ashton was unlike any other friendships I had. Harmony and I have been best friends since we were kids, but it was always just us. Although I missed her like crazy, it felt good to have a few more people I could trust in my circle, they were quickly becoming my home away from home.