Chapter 11 • Lost Boy

- Eva's POV -

I woke feeling incredibly refreshed. I didn't even remember coming into bed. Yesterday was an incredible day, although, it was bittersweet. I still had lingering thoughts about my conversation with Calum. I tried to keep it off my brain but it's all I could think about. Did Calum actually like me or was he just looking for something casual? If I really think about it, all he said was that he wanted to kiss me, not be with me, so I could be reading this all wrong.

I decided to check my work email to see if Margaret had emailed me back about the video and to try and keep my mind off my confusing love life. Sure enough, at 6am on the dot, she had sent me an email approving the video. I sighed in relief before even realizing what time it was.

"Fuck.", I whispered to myself. I didn't even set an alarm and I completely overslept. I only had 10 minutes to get this video ready to post. I quickly got up and ran to Calum's room. I loudly knocked on the door.

"CALUUUUMMM, WAKE UPPP!", I said loudly, trying not to wake Ashton up.

He wasn't answering back. He really chose the worst possible time to be a heavy sleeper.

"CALUUUUMMM", I shouted.

"Sleeeepingggg!", he shouted back.

"Open the door!! We overslept and need to post your video in less than 10 minutes!", I shouted.

"Ughhhh, come in.", he groaned.

I opened the door, fast walked to his bed and sat down beside him.

"If you wanted to see me this early in the morning, you should've just slept over.", he said yawning then letting out a small laugh.

"Shush.", I said rolling my eyes. "Also, it's literally almost noon so its not even early. Phone please.", I added while holding out my hand. "If I don't get this video up by noon, I am dead.", I whispered to myself.

"Calm down, you're good.", he said rubbing my back. It felt super comforting but it also made my heart race. Not even this stressful work situation was  helping. My feelings for him were, still, all I could think about. My wrist was starting to hurt over how fast I was typing, trying to get this video emailed to Calum so I could save it to his phone and post it on his Instagram.

"Do you think this'll work?", he asked, sounding concerned.

"Yeah, I do. I think you're gonna need to lay low for a bit but I think ultimately people will see you're not a bad guy.", I reassured him with a smile. "Ok..aaand..done.", I said handing him back his phone. "12 o'clock on the dot.", I laughed to myself.

"So now what?", he asked.

"Now, we wait.", I said.

"For how long?", he added.

"Hmm, not sure. I guess till we get direction from Margaret.", I answered. "Well, sorry I woke you, feel free to go back to sleep.", I added while getting up to walk out.

"No wait, what do you wanna do later?", he asked. I was shocked he was trying to make plans again after our conversation. "We can go to the beach, I'll ask everyone to come with.", he said with a smile.

"Yeah, I mean, I have to wait for Margaret to see if she needs me to do anything for her today but if she says I'm free then I'll definitely let you know.", I said. I could feel my cheeks getting hot. I could not hide the fact that I was blushing in the slightest.

"Cool.", he smiled.

I walked out and headed back to my room. I plopped down in my bed in silence for a few minutes till I got a call, it was Margaret.