Three.

For the next ten minutes, the two just sat in silence. Y/N continued to cry silently, and Kate just sat there, fidgeting with her hands.

After quite some time, Y/N stood up and grabbed a tissue, slightly dabbing her eyes.

"Well, that was nice. But I suppose I should help my mom cook," Y/N said with a sniffle.

Kate lifted her head as she hummed in response.

"Yeah, but we're good right?

Y/N nodded as she tossed the tissue into the trash bin, "Yep, all good,"

Y/N walked out of the room and downstairs, where Laura was already prepping dinner.

"Oh hey, honey. Just in time, can you help me chop the chives?" Laura asked while chopping her own onions.

"Mhm, sure thing," Y/N replied as she grabbed a knife.

Laura lifted her gaze up from her chopping board to Y/N as she noticed the younger girls glazed eyes.

"Honey, what's wrong? We're you crying?" Laura asked as she inspected Y/N's face. "I heard a lot of yelling earlier. Does it have to do with that?"

"No, mom. I'm fine. I got cleanser in my eyes and Kate tried to help me get it out," Y/N lied. Laura looked suspiciously at her daughter as she went back to cutting her onions.

"Well, alright. If you say so," Laura said, "But if there is something wrong, you know you can talk to me, right?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah, I know. Thanks, mom."

As Y/N finished chopping her chives, she tossed them in the pot to boil. She felt a small buzz come from her pocket, which she assumed was her phone. After washing her hands, she opened the notification. It was from S.H.E.I.L.D, telling her to check her computer.Y/N headed back to her room, to find that Kate was no longer in it. Y/N let out a sigh of relief, still finding it extremely awkward with the new living arrangements. Nevertheless, there was still work to be done.

Y/N opened the lid of her computer to find that she needed to head over to New York City ASAP. There was a potential sighting of Kingpin entering a prison, presumably talking to one of the prisoners.

No, not on Christmas night, Y/N thought. Lila will be so disappointed...
Y/N truly didn't want to let her family down, but this sounded urgent. But this would be the first time they all had Christmas together ever since the blip.

After about thirty or so minutes of contemplating, Kate finally walked in again.

"Hey. What's up?" Kate greeted.

"Yeah, no. Nothing much," Y/N sighed as she lent back in her chair, putting her hands over her face..

"You sure?" Kate asked asked, once again.

"Yeah, yeah. It's all good," Y/N said, standing up and closing her laptop lid. "I got somewhere to be."

A/N- Short chapter but it's hard to update when you're grounded 🥲

Word count: 500 words

not proofread