Five.

Y/N woke up the next morning, feeling more well rested than she had in years. Maybe it was the fact that she talked to Kate before bed like she used to, or maybe it was the change of environment. Either way, she had no trouble getting ready, unlike how she used to.

Once she checked out, Y/N started up her car and started her drive down to New York. The travel time was roughly 3 hours, so she decided to stop by a fast food restaurant on her way there.

For most of the time spent driving, Y/N couldn't help thinking about Kate. For the past two years, she managed to keep her out of her head, almost forgetting about her. But now that they have met each other again, Y/N had trouble getting the raven-haired girl off her mind.

___

Once Y/N got to the prison, she wasted no time and got straight to work.

"Hello, sir. I am Agent Barton of SHIELD, and I am looking for a tall, burly man in a suit that came by here around 2 days ago. Have you seen him come by here recently?" Y/N asked the man at the desk.

"Yes, actually, we have. Not too long ago. Exactly 2 days ago, at three- hey, wait a minute!" The receptionist replied as his eyes widened. "You're a semi-Avenger! The most useless Avenger's daughter!"

Y/N paused and stared at him in shock as her face slowly got painted with a look of disgust. Is this guy serious?

"Alright, then. Um, could you tell me what this man was doing here?" Y/N asked.

"Uh, no, sorry. ma'am. That information is confidential. I thought you would know something like that, since y'know, you're a 'SHIELD'?" he said arrogantly. A small smile of annoyance spread upon Y/N's face, as an irk mark formed at her temple.

"Okay then," Y/N said quietly, using most of her energy to try and not punch the very annoying receptionist in the nose. "I'll be on my way now. Have a nice day. Or don't. I couldn't care less."

Y/N walked out of the prison much more angry than she was this morning. The relaxation she had felt earlier has completely disappeared, and was replaced with a very pestering sense of frustration.

"Stupid obnoxious receptionist. Has no respect for heroes. I saved half of the universe, he should be grateful," Y/N grumbled under her breath. She had been so lost in thought, she didn't realize she had bumped into someone on the street.

"Oh, I'm sorry sir," Y/N apologized as she looked up to him. "Are you alr-'' Y/N stopped as her eyes widened. The man she had bumped into was none other than Kingpin himself. He eyed her suspiciously.

"Is there something wrong? You look quite shocked." Kingpin said with an edge to his voice.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine." Y/N quickly prepared a tracking device behind her back.

"Alright then," Kingpin replied as he continued on his way. While he walked past her, Y/N placed the tracking device on Kingpin's back. Too easy... I guess I'll be coming home sooner than I thought.

___

Midnight was approaching as Y/N started to suit up. She checked her phone one last time before she hopped out of the window, confirming Kingpin's location. Once she made sure she had the right location Y/N jumped out of her window, for it was only on the first story of her hotel.

Surprisingly, Kingpin's hideout wasn't too far from Y/N's hotel. Since it was only a 15 minute dive, Y/N had plenty of time to strategize her attack.

She put on a pair of AI glasses that Tony had gifted her a while back. Tony never named them, he wanted for Y/N to name them herself, but she couldn't come up with one.