Nine.

A/N- I feel like this chapter is really sloppy and hard to follow, so please correct any grammar or mechanic mistakes if you find any 😅

TW- Anxiety attack

The next day, Y/N got discharged from the hospital. She was so excited to get home and flop down onto her soft, could like bed. Sleep that wasn't chopped up into intervals because of never ending nightmares sounded like a dream. Literally. Of course, she had a shared room with Kate, but Y/N promised herself it wouldn't prevent her from getting her well deserved rest.

The drive home was full of anticipation. Only Clint picked Y/N up because he didn't want his daughter to be overwhelmed by seeing her family again. The only reason Y/N wasn't overwhelmed the first time was probably because she was too drowsy to truly care. But the hospital's morphine already wore off and, at the moment, she was fully conscious. She still had prescribed pain medications, but she was only allowed one a day.

___

(Skip to the next '___' if the trigger above applies to you)

As Clint pulled into the driveway, Y/N suddenly got very anxious. Her leg couldn't stop bouncing and she kept chewing on her nails. Everything around her became distant and the only thing she could hear was her own pounding heartbeat. You know what, it's fine. You already faced them, it won't be any different than normal. Y/N tried to convince herself, but no words of encouragement could calm her down. Suddenly, Y/N found that her breathing started to quicken while she ran her hands through her hair to try and calm down. Beads of sweat formed all over her body while the small car started to feel more suffocating. In an attempt to get more air, Y/N opened the car door to get out, but as soon as she did, she fell into a pillar hold position on her knees.

"Y/N?" Clint's distant voice rang through Y/N's head.

Tears formed in her eyes as she heard the door of her house open and several footsteps rushing to her. There was a clamoring of voices asking if she was okay, but the only thing Y/N could hear was her own uneven breathing.

Unexpectedly, Kate's voice cut through like a knife in Y/N's mind as she said, "Y/N, it's okay. Just breathe." While rubbing Y/N's back, Kate started to take deep breaths and Y/N tried to match her breathing with Kate's. Eventually, all of Y/N's scenes cleared up and she was able to see clearly. While looking up at her family, Y/N's eyes suddenly felt drowsy and she passed out in Kate's arms.

___

Y/N slowly opened her eyes to find herself in her bedroom. While turning her head, she saw Kate using her phone at the desk.

"Hey," Y/N's raspy voice called out. Kate immediately spun the chair around to look at Y/N. Her face broke out into a bright smile that Y/N couldn't help but share.

"Are you alright?" Was all Kate managed to say as she got off the chair and kneeled next to Y/N's bed.

"Yeah, I feel a lot better. I guess running on no sleep and 6 coffees for 3 days wasn't the best idea. Built up a lot of stress," Y/N chuckled. She always had a way of turning serious conversation into something much more relaxed.

"Well, that definitely was a bad idea. You seem to have a lot of those. When you gonna come up with some good ones?" Kate asked playfully.

"You first."

Kate chuckled as she rested her head on the area of the bed next to Y/N's head. After a few relaxing minutes, she lifted it to be met with Y/N's beautiful eyes. Y/N just stared right back into Kate's cloudy blue ones. The two then stayed like that for a good few minutes. It was like nothing else mattered at the moment. Kate had Y/N, and Y/N had Kate.

"Can I..." Kate suddenly asked under her breath. "Can I kiss you?"

Y/N wasn't thinking as she just nodded her head. Slowly and steadily, Kate leaned into Y/N's warm embrace, savoring every moment of it. The warmth Y/N felt right now was something foreign yet extremely familiar. The two had kissed many times before, it just never felt so...delicate. Precious, if you will. Y/N wanted to pause time and stay like this forever, but unfortunately, Kate slowly pulled away as she opened her eyes.

"Wow..." Y/N breathlessly spoke.

Kate chuckled as she asked, "Wanna do it again?"

Y/N breathed out a small 'yeah' as she leaned into Kate's soft lips.

"Hey, Kate, is Y/N up? I heard some noi- Woah!" Lila exclaimed as she entered Y/N's room. Y/N immediately shot up into a sitting position to be met with her little sister at the doorway. "Woah, y-you guys, I mean- I-I'm just gonna go-"

"Wait, no, Lila!" Y/N tried to call, but her little sister had already slammed the door. Y/N sighed as she rested her face in her hand. "Great, now we traumatized my little sister." She let out a loud groan while leaning back onto the head of her bed.

"Well, it's not all bad," Kate said, trying to comfort Y/N. "At least you're up now, and we can actually hang out."

"Yeah, sure. That's the worst of our problems," Y/N joked.

Kate slapped Y/N's leg as she let out an offended scoff. "You should be over the moon that I graced you with my beautiful presence," She said ever-so dramatically..

Y/N let out a tired groan as she said, "I wanna sleep again."

"Then do it," Kate said kindly. "You should get plenty of rest."

Y/N muttered a small hum of approval as she already lied back down and started to drift off.

A/N- Sleep fr the mc of this story

Word count- 1023