𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞 - repetitive

Y/n L/n had the same routine every single day

Y/n L/n had the same routine every single day. She woke up, ate breakfast, went to school (or did homework on weekends), hung out with friends, and went to sleep. Y/n was sick of it. She couldn't do it anymore. 

Y/n was worried about her life. It was a dull town, and nothing interesting happened. She didn't live in a busy city where there was always something. Instead, she resided in a small place in Denver, Colorado, where the most intriguing thing that occurred was a cat being found after being missing for a month. 

Nothing was special about Y/n. She didn't have tons of friends or engaging hobbies. It had been a while since Y/n L/n had ever felt something.

There were so many things she wanted to do. Travel the world, or at least outside of Northern Denver. Move out of her home, live alone, or maybe even go to a concert. 

But she couldn't. She was only a kid. Y/n L/n just wanted her life to no longer be boring. 

-

Queen's 'Killer Queen' blasted from the radio of her father's car. His hand tapped the wheel to the beat as he quietly sang along.  

Y/n sighs and leans her head on the window, feeling the vibrations of the song against the glass. She noticed girls laughing together while she was looking around the small town.

Her father parks his car in front of the local convenience store; they enter. 

Y/n goes right to grab a can of Coke for herself and Finney Blake, her best friend, who was coming over later that day. Opening the refrigerator door, she flinches due to a loud bang. 

She quickly looks to her side and notices a boy aggressively punching the buttons of a pinball machine. Y/n's lips stretch thin as she attempts to look at him subtly. 

The boy's sky-blue eyes focused on the pinball machine and the pinball machine. He wouldn't even glance at anything around him. He wouldn't blink an eye if someone died right next to him.

"Hey, Y/n, let's go," Y/n's father calls out, waving his hand in his direction. Y/n nods and goes towards him. The two pay for their items and drive home, where you can hear nothing but the radio. 

-

Y/n sits on the roof, sipping the sweet, fizzy drink from her can. Finney slides out the window and rests next to her. 

It was time for the sunset. The sky was beautiful, and the colors varied from dark violet to honey orange.  

Finney clicks his tongue as he takes the second soda can next to Y/n's hand and takes a drink, accidentally choking on it. Y/n laughs at him. 

Strangely, simple moments like these were the only things that Y/n truly enjoyed. Y/n didn't even say a word to Finney, but she loved it. Laughing with her best friend as music played while staring at the sunset, pretending that everything was great. 

She wishes every minute of her life was like that. 

-

A/N:
hello, i'm back with a vance hopper story! 
yes, i understand that the beginning is super slow, with vance only appearing for like 1 minute. :)
don't worry, it'll get better :)
if u want a playlist for the story, my spotify is in my bio <3 
i hope you enjoyed this chapter !
thank you <3