𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱 - favor

After school, Y/n was called to her math teacher, Mr

After school, Y/n was called to her math teacher, Mr. Novak's classroom. Y/n rarely communicates with teachers, so she found this weird. Then again, she just got into a car accident, so maybe it had something to do with that.  

"Hello, Y/n," he greets, and Y/n replies with a nod.

"I was going to ask you for a favor, but I'm not sure if you're up to it after the incident earlier," he continues. 

"No, it's fine. What can I help you with?" Y/n offers, playing with the pencil in her hand. 

Mr. Novak lets out a deep sigh. "You're doing amazing in this class, so I was wondering if you could tutor a student?"

Deep down, Y/n didn't want to, but at least she would have something to do after school. 

"Uh, sure. Who is it?"

"Vance Hopper."

"Oh," Y/n responds. 

He raises an eyebrow. "What? Do you have any issues with him?"

Y/n shakes her head. "No, I can tutor him. When?"

He smiles slightly. "How about Thursday afternoons?"

Thursday was tomorrow. 

"Sure," Y/n replies awkwardly. Mr. Novak dismisses her. She leaves the classroom to see Finney waiting for her by the front door.

-

"What took you so long?" Finney questions, playing with his toy rocket ship. 

"I gotta tutor Vance Hopper on Thursdays now," Y/n sighs. Finney stares at her. 

"Vance Hopper? Good luck to you then," he responds. Y/n agrees. 

The two noticed that Vance was walking across the street from them, presumably to the Grab n Go. He looks more upset than usual. Vance Hopper huffs as he turns the corner. 

"What subject?"

"Math."

"That's even worse. Everyone sucks at math except for you," Finney says, kicking a rock. 

No one knew that Y/n was excellent at math except for Finney and her teacher. She never enjoyed doing math. She was just good at calculating numbers. 

The two arrive at Finney's house. Y/n says goodbye to him before arriving at hers. 

-

A/N:
if you couldn't tell this is actually a filler chapter because i will be busy today :))
normally i don't write chapters as short as this, but i'm slowly losing motivation to write :(( but i will finish this book as fast as possible dw!!
thank you for reading, i hope you have a wonderful day <3