𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞 - envy?

Y/n was busy reading a book

Y/n was busy reading a book. Only she wasn't reading; she was mindlessly flipping through the pages. She was too distracted by what was going on. Especially that Finney knows. Y/n's feelings were a jumbled mess.

She sits up and checks the clock. 6:20 PM. She was supposed to meet Finney at his house in ten minutes. She rushes out the door with a few dollar bills in her hand.

-

"Hey, Y/n!" Robin greets. Finney waves at her, and the three walk to the drive-in.

The movie started, so they all took a seat after purchasing some popcorn. Y/n sat between Robin and Finney, so she had to hold the popcorn in the middle.

Y/n looks around the drive-in. It was less crowded than usual. She then looks over at Finney and Robin, grabbing handfuls out of the bag.

The two focused on the movie. Robin would occasionally make comments, making her laugh. Robin was funny. 

The movie was intense, but it was incredible. The fight scenes were great, and Y/n loved the characters. 

"Guys, I'm going to the bathroom," Finney mentions, getting up from his seat. The two nod, and they continue watching the movie.

A fight scene was playing on the large screen. "I can't believe those guys would pick a fight with the Bruce Lee. Fucking idiots," Robin says. Y/n chuckles at his comment. 

"True," Y/n responds, eating some of her snacks. Behind her, she heard a loud noise. She assumed it was Finney, so she turned around. To Y/n's surprise, it was Vance walking through the drive-in, kicking a trash can.

Vance looked upset, but he gave Y/n a small smile before walking away from her. Y/n watches as he goes. He blows a strand of his hair from his face. It was a small gesture, but Y/n loved it. She turns around and shakes her head. Y/n, what are you thinking?

-

Vance went to the drive-in to watch a movie with his friends. He got bored, so he decided to walk around. A girl there caught his eye; he recognized her. It was Y/n.

As he got closer, he realized she was laughing with a boy. The boy looked familiar. Vance inched towards them; it was Robin Arellano. 

"Arellano? Why is she with a guy like him?" he mutters. Were Y/n and Robin on a date together? Why him? 

Vance wanted to interrupt them. He noticed that Robin was going to swing his arm around Y/n's shoulders, so he kicked a can to scare them. Robin flinched his arm away; the two looked at Vance. Before he left, he glared at Robin and smiled at Y/n. Robin turns around, rolling his eyes. Vance leaves, chuckling to himself. It was a success. 

Walking back to his friends, one of them threw some candy at him.

"Where were you?" He asked. Vance sat next to him.

"Nowhere."

"Whatever."

Vance smiled to himself. The look on Robin's face was priceless. He looked so upset. However, why did he even do that? Vance sat there and wondered. What drove him to stop Robin from touching Y/n?

Hold on, he thought. Maybe he was jealous of Robin? "No way," he murmurs. Vance Hopper doesn't have crushes on people; he doesn't like Y/n. She's not even his type. But does he even have one?

"You say something, Vance?" his friend asks. Vance shakes his head in reply. 

Even if Vance did, does Y/n even like him back? Would she like him back? He just saw her with another guy. Maybe he was too late. Y/n probably thought of Vance as a friend to her anyway. 

-

"Did you see Vance look at me like that?" Robin scoffs, crossing his arms. 

"Like what?'

"He gave me a death stare," he frowns, his eyes glued to the screen.

"Well, I didn't see him," Y/n says, drinking some bottled water.

"I did."

Y/n glances at Robin. He was pissed, but his face softened once Finney returned.

"So, what did I miss?"

-

A/N:
poor robin, sorry lol :(
dw i'm writing a robin ff after this; a much better one than 'four days'. please don't read that one if you haven't already i hate it sm >:(
anyway, i hop you enjoyed this chapter, have a nice day <3