𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 - denial

Y/n refused to believe she had a crush on Vance Hopper

Y/n refused to believe she had a crush on Vance Hopper. She couldn't. Why would she like him? He was on the verge of being expelled. He also had a strange obsession with a pinball machine. 

Then again, she has been hanging out with him for the past few days. Yes, he can be annoying while she tutored him, but he was tolerable. 

Does Y/n actually like Vance Hopper?

Maybe she was just confused. After all, Vance was one of the only boys she's ever hung out with other than Finney.

-

During English, Y/n couldn't help but stare at Vance. He was drawing on his hand the whole time. When the teacher asked him any questions, he was always clueless. He's so stupid, Y/n thought. Why him?

In math, Vance passed her a note. Hi, it read. It had a smiley face next to it. Vance's handwriting was so messy. The smile on the face he drew on the note was so uneven it almost looked like a frown. 

Nevertheless, Y/n responded; she drew a heart on the note and passed it back to him. Y/n hesitates. She wrote a heart. Once she realized it, she turned around; Vance gave her a confused look. Y/n shakes her head before turning back to the class. 

As the class continued, Y/n kept glancing at Vance. His hair was like a bird's nest; it was everywhere. He was always frowning. 

There was no way she would like someone like him. 

-

Vance was already at the Grab n Go playing pinball when Y/n walked in. She goes up to him and watches him play.

"Hi, Y/n," Vance says, not looking at her once. Y/n nods in reply as she takes a can of soda and drinks from it. Vance beats his high score. 

"Mind if I play?" Y/n asks. Vance shrugs. Y/n takes a quarter out of her jacket pocket. 

Playing the game, Vance gets closer to Y/n as she earns points. She could feel Vance breathing next to her. She begins to tense up. The closer Vance is to Y/n, the more nervous she gets. 

Y/n got so distracted that she ended up losing the ball. 

"Fuck," Y/n sighs. She turns her head to Vance, who's immensely close to her. The two's eyes widen, but they don't move back from each other for a few moments. This was the first time Y/n had seen Vance's eyes this closely. They were so bright that they could've blinded her if she stared longer. 

Y/n's eyes widen as she turns around, and Vance scratches his neck in embarrassment. 

Before Vance could say anything, Y/n was out the door. 

-

When she got home, Finney was already there. She greets him with a smile.

Y/n sat at her desk doing her homework while Finney sat on her floor, reading. Y/n gets distracted, so she gets up and sits next to Finney.

"Hey Finn, I have a question," Y/n murmurs.

"Yeah, sure. What is it?" He replies, placing a bookmark in his book. 

"What's it like when you have a crush on someone?"

Finney pauses. Finney currently has a crush on Donna, a girl in his class. He doesn't have the guts to talk to her.

"Uh, well, it's like having a bunch of feelings at once. You get excited when you see them and stuff like that," Finney responds.

"Also, you get super nervous around them," Finney adds. He continues to read his book until he realizes it.

"Wait, do you have a crush on someone?" Finney exclaims. Y/n covers his mouth, hoping her father wouldn't hear. 

Finney's eyes widen. He couldn't believe it. "Who?" Finney whispers.

"Someone," Y/n replies. Finney rolls his eyes.

"Please tell me," Finney begs. 

"No. I don't even know if I like him. He's weird."

"Come on, Y/n. Tell me!"

"No."

"Okay. You're uninvited to the drive-in," Finney crosses his arms. 

"Fine! It's Hopper," Y/n mutters. Finney gets up.

"Vance Hopper?!" Finney whisper-yells. Y/n looks away from him in embarrassment. 

Finney's jaw was on the floor. He couldn't believe that she would like Vance Hopper. Y/n's lips stretch thin; she nods.

He was speechless. "So, don't tell anyone!" Y/n begs. Finney sighs and agrees. It was silent for the next few minutes until Finney spoke up.

"Vance Hopper? Seriously?"

"Shut up."

-

A/N:
hii i hope you enjoyed this chapter <3 
y/n going through stage one fr- 
anyway, have a nice day :))