𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧 - realization

Over the past few days, Y/n L/n and Vance Hopper became unexpectedly closer

Over the past few days, Y/n L/n and Vance Hopper became unexpectedly closer. Occasionally, they would hang out at the Grab n Go after school and pass notes to each other during class.

Tutoring Vance wasn't as fun, though. He would always complain about not understanding which made Y/n frustrated. 

-

"What's going on with you and Hopper?" Finney asks, looking through Y/n's bookshelf.

"We're friends, I guess. Why?" Y/n responds.

Finney finds a book that piques his interest. "Can I borrow this?" Y/n nods as he stuffs the book in his backpack.

"Vance is kinda scary. I didn't expect you guys to become friends," Finney says.

"Many things that happen are unexpected," Y/n raises her hand, showing her scar. Finney nods in agreement.

Finney takes a deep breath. "So, you wanna go to the drive-in with Robin?" he offers. 

Y/n shrugs. "What movie?"

"Enter the Dragon. You know, the Bruce Lee movie," Finney says.

She raises her eyebrow. "What about your dad?"

Finney looks around Y/n's room. "I told my dad we were going to some kids' movie."

"Oh, okay!" Y/n agrees. She hasn't been to the drive-in since she was a kid. She was excited about it.

-

The next day, Y/n had a math test. She wasn't too scared about it. She was hoping Vance would at least get a C. 

During the test, Y/n was speeding through it. It was multiple-choice, which made it a lot easier for the students. 

While Y/n was filling in the bubbles, a piece of paper scrunched up into a ball bounced on her desk. She knew who it was. Y/n quietly opened the note.

What's the answer to number 8? - V.H

Y/n smiled at the piece of paper. He had pretty messy handwriting. She scribbled down the answer subtly and passed it back to Vance.

After a few moments, the same piece of paper went to her desk. Opening it, it read:

Thank you :) -Vance

Grinning at the paper, she sneaks it into her pocket so the teacher wouldn't notice. Y/n snaps out of her thoughts once she realizes she's smiling because a boy wrote two words and a smiley face on a wrinkled piece of notebook paper. 

-

The Grab n Go was noisy after school that day. A lot more kids were loitering there than usual.

Vance was playing pinball, of course. Y/n was just there watching him, sipping some soda. He fails to beat his high score, so he kicks the machine, scaring the kids behind him. Y/n was used to him getting upset, so she didn't flinch.  

"Fuck this game. Let's go," Vance says, taking Y/n's arm and stomping out of the crowded store.

Y/n stares at him in shock. "Uh, where?"

"I don't know, somewhere," Vance responds, kicking a stone under his sneakers. "You got any ideas?" He realizes he is still holding on to Y/n, so he hesitantly let's go.

Y/n pauses and looks around, thinking of someplace to go. She stares at the sky. It was almost time for sunset. Her dad wasn't home at that time. He was on his way to the hospital to get checked up. Fortunately, he woke up from his coma. He was severely wounded, though. 

"I know where to go," Y/n says as she starts running towards her house.

-

Vance sits down next to Y/n on the roof. "So, what are we supposed to do?"

"Just stare at the sunset and think," Y/n responds. She hands Vance a can of soda. He takes a sip.

"This is what you do for fun?" He asks.

"Yeah."

"It's stupid."

"No, it isn't. You gotta be quiet," Y/n responds. Vance shuts his mouth and stares at the setting sun. 

Vance gets bored almost immediately. He looks at Y/n. She was admiring the sky. Vance quietly scoffs. He couldn't believe Y/n enjoyed doing boring shit like this. 

He briskly looks away once Y/n turns to him. Vance pretended he was looking at the sunset so Y/n wouldn't notice.

Y/n took quick glimpses of Vance, hoping he wouldn't see her. She stared at him. He was looking at the moving clouds in the sky. Y/n couldn't help but gaze at him longingly. She noticed a few things about Vance. 

Vance always looked upset. His eyebrows furrowed most of the time; his mouth was always slightly frowning. That was just how he looked. However, at that moment, he looked calm for once. Y/n also noticed Vance's eyes were a bright blue, which was one of the first things she noticed about his appearance. His eyes were covered by his curly dirty blonde hair, though. To Y/n's surprise, she found Vance Hopper attractive. 

Then it hit her. 

Shit. Y/n had a crush on Vance fucking Hopper.

-

A/N:
hii i hope you enjoyed <33 thank you sm for reading i really appreciate it :) 
have an amazing day stay hydrated <3