𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 - accidents

"Stop playing around so we can go eat," Y/n complains, pointing her pencil at the question

"Stop playing around so we can go eat," Y/n complains, pointing her pencil at the question. Vance refused to answer the final question before their tutoring session ended. 

Vance groans as he rests his head on the desk. "I don't know how!"

"Yes, you do, dumbass," Y/n responds.

"If I knew how, why would I be called a dumbass?" Vance retorts. 

Y/n exhaled sharply as she went through the steps again. Vance picks up his pen as he writes down the answer. 

"You know, you're good at math. You only don't want to do it," Y/n comments. Vance rolls his eyes. It was true, but Vance always denied it. 

"Can we go now?" Vance asks. Y/n nods; Vance immediately packs his things and leaves with Y/n. 

-

"Fuckin' pinball game!" Vance yells, kicking the machine. Y/n tries to hold in her laugh, but she stops when Vance looks at her. Y/n smiles at him, indicating that she wants to play. 

Vance moves aside. Y/n was the only person he would let play the pinball machine, and people acknowledged that. People started rumors that they were dating everywhere. Y/n hasn't heard of them yet, so Vance decided to keep it that way. 

Y/n has been practicing the game for a few weeks. Her goal was to beat Vance's high score, but she doubts she will soon. 

Her eyes move up and down the machine while continuously pressing the buttons. Vance stares at her, impressed. He didn't expect Y/n to score this high. He liked how focused she was.

Unfortunately, Y/n only made it to 80,000 points. She sighed before taking a sip of water. 

"Not bad," Vance comments; Y/n smiles at him. 

"Next time, I will beat you," she replies, handing him a can of soda.

"I doubt it."

Y/n rolls her eyes at him as the two leave the Grab n Go.

-

They arrived at the park. They sat down on a wooden bench under a large tree. Y/n takes a sip of her cold drink. 

It was getting warmer by the day. It was May, so it was a few weeks until summer vacation. The two couldn't wait.

Y/n took off her coat and placed it in her lap. It was silent. You could only hear the birds tweeting and rustling of leaves above their heads.  

"How long is it until you have to stop tutoring me?" Vance asks. His fingers were tapping on the wood.

She shrugs. "Until you stop failing," Y/n responds. Vance exhales as he looks at the area around him. 

"But I'm not failing. I have D's now," Vance utters. 

Y/n looks at him and chuckles, "That's considered a failing grade, Vance."

"Aw, fuck you," Vance jokes.

Y/n puts her hand over her heart. "Ouch," she says sarcastically. She assumed it was clear she was joking, but Vance got nervous.

"I'm sorry, Y/n, I didn't mean it. I was joking. You know. when you like someone, you joke around with them," Vance blurts; Y/n's eyes widen. 

It took a moment or two until Vance realized what he had said. 

"You like me?" Y/n asks. Vance goes into a state of panic.

"N-no. Actually yes, but no. I don't know!" Vance stutters. Y/n stares at him in shock. So he does like her.  Vance stares back at her, unsure of what to do. 

Y/n's lips curve into a slight smile. "I think I like you too," Y/n purses her lips. 

Vance stays silent. He just stared at Y/n, who looked around awkwardly. Her eyes eventually look into his. The two were unsure what to say since they'd never experienced feelings as strong as this. 

Vance swallows before leaning in.

"Fuck it."

He puts his lips on Y/n's. Her heart skips fifteen beats at once. Vance couldn't resist the impulse to kiss Y/n right there, so he did. Y/n pulls Vance closer, wrapping her arms around his neck. His lips were soft, Y/n thought. But then it hit her. She was kissing Vance Hopper, and she enjoyed it.

The two pull apart, and they both turn red. Y/n smiles at Vance, and he does the same. He pauses for a bit, thinking of what to say.

"You know, we should do that again sometime," Vance suggests.

"Shut up."

-

A/N:
hii :)) 
the next chapter will be the last.
it's so late rn HELP
this story is def not my fav, but if you want, you should check out my bruce book ;)
have a wonderful day, ily all <3