𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 - rooftop

After the kiss, Vance and Y/n became closer than ever

After the kiss, Vance and Y/n became closer than ever. They hung out at the Grab n Go after school almost every day.

Vance would move his chair closer to hers in the classes they were in together. If they weren't sitting right next to each other, he would always pass random notes, most asking for assignment answers. 

Tutoring sessions would be a bit more distracting. Vance would make random comments about Y/n, such as "you look nice today," which would always make her flustered. Physically, he was closer to her as well. As long as Vance passed math, Y/n tolerated it.

The rumors about Vance and Y/n are now everywhere, and there wasn't one student that hasn't heard about the two. Neither of them confirmed or denied if they were dating, but it was obvious that they were.

Finney, however, was slightly jealous.

-

"Y/n, why don't you hang out with me anymore?" Finney complains, leaning on his locker. 

"We hung out yesterday," she scoffs before kneeling to tie her shoe. 

"We don't hang out as much as we used to because of Vance," he responds.

Y/n gets up. "You have been with Donna lately, and I don't say anything," she retorts. 

Finney has finally gained the courage to talk to Donna, who was in his science class. They instantly clicked, and they've been very close recently. Finney refused to tell Y/n if they were dating or not, which made Y/n a bit frustrated.

"What do you even see in Vance?" He questions. 

"Everything you don't see," she sighs. Something so astounding about Vance Hopper made her feel things she's never feels. 

"It's okay. We'll still be best friends, alright?" Y/n adds. 

Finney sighs. "Alright," he mutters before going to the restroom. 

-

Vance scribbles down something on a small piece of paper he tore from his notebook. It was English, a class Vance and Y/n both found uninteresting. 

She looked around the room so the teacher wouldn't send her to detention. Y/n subtly opens the note under her desk. She grins almost instantly.

Want to skip class? - Vance

Y/n paused to think about it for a moment before taking out her pen and jotting down her reply. She then passed the note to a classmate. He rolled his eyes before tossing the paper to Vance Hopper. 

Sure :) - Y/n

Vance slipped the note into his pocket. No one knew it, but Vance always kept the letters he's passed between him and Y/n. They were meaningless conversations. Nevertheless, he always secretly appreciated them. He would never tell her that, though.