54

I kneeled inside of the cage, rattling with the bars, trying to find a way to make my way out of here.

The bars seemed pretty solid...

Until I rattled a little more, and realized... that the door was loose.

My heart hammered against my ribcage, as I clutched my chest in fear. Fibonacci hadn't locked the cage properly, because he'd been so drunk. This could be my only chance to escape...

"I need another beer," came Fibonacci's voice, as he angrily threw his beer can to the side. He stormed out of the room, I guessed to get himself some more alcohol, before he would come back.

Heat roared in my ears, sweat beading on my forehead. My heartbeat was raising through the roof. I couldn't waste any time. This was my only opportunity to escape...

I got up from the floor. My body was in excruciating pain from how much Fibonacci had beaten it earlier, but I had to will my body to move. I couldn't stick around here for a second longer.

I broke free from the cage, and began running. I ran for all I was worth, one foot after the other, one foot after the other, straight out of the building and on to the grassy field outside. I ran until my breathing became laboured. I couldn't stop now.

FIBONACCI'S POINT OF VIEW

I made my way back into the punishment room, after gathering about five beer cans from the kitchen. I drank the beer, allowing it to burn down my throat, and course through my body. Alcohol was like my medicine. My medicine and safe haven for whenever Maya infuriated me and made my blood boil to the point it almost dried up.

I looked towards the cage, as I continued to sip on the alcohol.

"Maya, did you understand what I said to you earlier babe?" I asked her. She needed to learn that I was punishing her to teach her a fucking lesson. It was always her fault. She pushed me to do this, as much as I loved her. "Have you learnt the consequences of your actions?"

The room was eerily quiet, and I received no response. Wow. Maya had some nerve to fucking defy me. She was supposed to obey my every command without answer. She was supposed to speak to me when I was speaking to her.

"Why isn't she responding to me?" I murmured furiously, my heart-beat raising through the roof. She made me so fucking angry, I wanted to strangle her and make her beg and plead for air as her body failed her and her lungs collapsed. Stupid whore.

I took another sip of beer, before tossing the can to the side, as I took steps closer to the cage, my chest heaving upwards and downwards as I balled my hand into a fist.