120

"Absolutely," I nodded in confirmation.

I was looking forward to today. Lord knows, I needed to take my mind off things and make myself feel better, and I guessed that a day out would do just that.

I continued to stare out of the window, watching the surroundings blur as Mikail drove at a fast speed on the Highway. The hills were overlapping, the trees were fading, the sun was shining, and the engine was roaring.

I was positive that today would be a good fucking day.

We made our way to a restaurant, and ordered some food in a booth near the back of the dining area. I ordered pizza, as fucking usual. My go-to meal, that I could never tire of.

When the waitress brought us our food, I dived in straight away, ravishing slice after slice, not caring about what Yasmeen or Mikail thought. Nothing bothered me when it came to food, because I loved it so fucking much.

Yasmeen and Mikail laughed as they watched me wolf down the pizza. But I was happy to see that they had an appetite just as big as mine. Mikail wasted no time in finishing ten spicy chicken wings in just under six minutes, and Yasmeen was on her third milkshake in just fifteen minutes.

We giggled together, as we talked about life, and the different random shit that we'd got up to, as well as exchanging funny and lame jokes, like "why did the mushroom move away from the other mushroom? Because there wasn't mush-room".

One of my favourite jokes was "when do computers overheat? When they need to vent." I'd got used to making computer jokes since I'd been a software developer at Indigo Limited. I'd turned into a bit of a coding nerd.

I had a great time with Yasmeen and Mikail. It was nice getting to know Yasmeen better outside of the office. Not to mention that her husband was really funny, too.

I was starting to feel a little bit better, and my attention was distracted from Donte. I tried my best to keep my mind off of him, and just enjoy my time eating and bantering with Mikail and Yasmeen.

"So Sapphire, tell me," Mikail began. "Do you have a man in your life?"

I scratched my arm awkwardly, my face falling as I swallowed down a lump in my throat, not knowing what to say. I knew he didn't mean to, but he'd completely killed the fucking mood when he said this. I didn't want to speak about Donte. I had wanted today to just be about us three. Then again, he had no idea about my love life, and Yasmeen didn't know that I was on bad terms with Donte, either.