152

52

maya

I watched Milo drive away in his car. I was dithering in the middle of the street outside of my apartment blocks, trying to make sense of everything that had happened today.

I sighed heavily, turning on my heel, making my way to the lift to take me up to my penthouse.

I felt bad for going on a date with Milo, but having another man on my mind the whole time.

Fucking Donte Abruzzi.

The man who just screwed with my mind to the point that I couldn't think of anybody else.

But I was glad that Milo was so sweet and understanding, and that he still wanted to be friends.

I turned my keys into the front door of my apartment, walking in, locking the door and yawning loudly.

I was ready to take a long, hot shower and go to bed.

I fucking needed a good night's sleep after tonight.

I sighed heavily, unzipping my bodycon dress and letting it fall to the floor. The heated moment that I'd had with Milo, him kissing me and feeling my body, had left me sexually frustrated to say the fucking least. I imagined how much better it would have felt if it had been Donte touching me and pleasing me, and I could feel myself shiver at the sheer thought of that.

I made my way into my bathroom, leaving my phone on the counter, taking my hair out of my scrunchie. I stared at myself in the mirror as I wiped my makeup off with Micellar water, before cleaning it with cleansing wipes and some facial scrub.

After I'd taken my make-up off, I was about to jump into the bath.

But just as I was about to, my phone started pinging.

I held my phone out in front of my face, wondering where the Notification had come from.

"It's just a Candy Crush request on Facebook," I muttered to myself in disappointment, rolling my eyes.

I furrowed my eyebrows, my curiosity getting the better of me. Because now I'd got a Candy Crush request, I couldn't help myself but to go through the rest of my Facebook feed.

And as I scrolled down...

I saw the status.

I almost dropped my phone in shock. It felt like I was suffocating, and I couldn't breathe.

Like the walls were closing in on me.

Like the world I once knew, had come crashing down on me.

Like my lungs were constricting, and I was struggling for air.

I couldn't fucking breathe.

Donte Abruzzi was getting married to Sharon.

The woman I'd seen in his office that day...

Who he was planning on getting an arranged marriage to.

I dropped my phone, and let out a terrified scream. Feeling my eyes well with tears, and then begin falling down to the floor, pit-pattering on the ground in tiny little droplets, as I collapsed and rocked myself backwards and forwards, fully breaking down.

Unable to believe my fucking eyes.

What I was reading.

What I was seeing.

He was going ahead with the marriage?!

I felt my heart shatter into millions of pieces. It felt like my chest was about to burst open.

It felt like it was about to fucking explode.

This hurt more than I thought it would. I couldn't believe my eyes.

I had no right to be angry, no right to be upset...

I was the one that broke things off with him, not the other way round.

But for some reason, it felt like this Sharon girl was stealing MY man off of me.

When he was never really my man in the first place...

We were both just two people, with an insane attraction towards each other, and I didn't want to pursue it...

Because of the secrets that I hid from him.

And now, I was fucking devastated.

What the hell did I expect?

Of course he was going to move on.

It was like he said to me that day in his office...

He wasn't going to chase me like a damn dog forever...

And now the ship had well and truly sailed.

He was marrying a woman that looked like a supermodel...

And I was going to cry till I was blue in the face.

Wishing it was me in her place.