74

27

maya

I got ready for work, wearing a black blouse paired with loose black trousers and black high-heels. I put on some red lipstick and straightened my hair, too. Then I turned on my heel, and began making my way to work.

At work, I made my way to one of the computer rooms in the Computer Science department of Indigo Limited, because I'd been given more Python codes to program.

I walked into the computer room to see that another man was already sitting down in there. He had dark skin, a tribal tattoo across his chest, and he was wearing a white shirt paired with black trousers.

I smiled at him, before sitting down next to him. I'd already made friends with Yasmeen, so it wouldn't hurt to make some more friends too.

I began typing on the computer, agitatedly working my way through my To-Do list for today.

"Python coding is such a fucking pain in the ass," I sighed, agitated, rolling my eyes. I jolted up in embarrassment as the man who was sitting beside me began laughing as I said this. I hadn't realized that I'd said it out loud.

"Tell me about it," he shrugged, chuckling.

I giggled in response. "Are you new?" I asked, rubbing my chin thoughtfully. "I don't think I've seen you around before."

"Nah, I only come in occasionally," he explained. "When my brother is short on staff and has shit that he needs doing."

"Your brother?" I asked uneasily, unsure of who he meant by this.

"Yeah, my name is Arturo Abruzzi," he smirked. "Donte Abruzzi is my brother."

"No way," I mumbled. I was convinced that Donte had a million brothers at this point, with the way that I always managed to run in to them.

"You must be the girl that he hasn't been able to stop speaking about," Arturo smiled, with his hands on his hips.

"He speaks about me?" I denied, taken aback.

"All the time," Arturo admitted, rubbing his neck sheepishly.

I couldn't help but to bite my lip. I could feel my cheeks flush bright pink. I'd thought that Donte had replaced me without a second thought, but from what Arturo was saying, it was a different story...