2

Chapter 2:

It feels like hours I have been in this room; I was starting to go crazy. I just keep thinking about my older brother, he is all I have felt in this disgusting world. Memories of my parents and my brother just kept flashing through my head.

I hold my mother's cold pale hand as she lies down on her back, next to Dad who's sleeping. She looks at me like she proud to be my mother. " You know, your father and I won't make it," she said giving my hand a gentle squeeze.

"Don't say that mom, you and dad are going to be alright," I closed my eyes trying to fight my tears that were threatening to spill.

"It's alright sweetie," she said in a calming voice. She took her cold hand and started softly caressing my cheek, "I have never been more proud of you and your brother." I open my eyes to dark red blood falling down her pale cheek. I quickly got up and ran to the bathroom. I grab some toilet paper and went back into the room to wipe the blood off her cheek.

"I love you Mother," I said as a tear drips down my face.

"I love you more sweetheart."

I squeeze my eye shut as I attempt to block out the painful memories. I open my eyes when I hear the door open; I quickly stand up preparing for what Sally will say. Sally walks into the room with a guy right next to her side. The guy had dark brown hair sticking up; he was wearing a lab coat with a t-shirt and black pants.

"Luna, this is Mason, he is assigned to be working with you," Sally said. Mason stuck out his hand for me to shake; I just stood there refusing to shake his hand.

"I will leave you with Mason, you guys need to talk," Sally said walking out the room. Mason sat on the other white chair right next to me, he kept staring at me intensely waiting for me to talk but I just stared right back at him.

He cleared his throat and said, "You probably have many question, am I right?" I just nodded my head. "Ask away."

"Where is my brother?" I ask him.

"He is here and safe, don't worry," he replied calmly.

"I won't stop worrying till you let me see him."

Mason sighed while rubbing his temples "I can't do that Luna," he told me, looking to see my reaction. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath trying to fight the anger that was stirring up inside me.

"Where am I?" I ask.

"When the disease broke out Luna, almost every scientist in the world was trying to find a cure, but no one could. But we realized something, which is that not everyone is affected by it; there are special people in the world who don't even get a little bit harmed by it. In your file it said that your parents had the disease, you took care of them almost everyday, didn't you ever wonder why you never got the disease?"

"Are you going to use us like a lab rat?" I ask, afraid to hear his answer.

"We will do whatever it takes to find the information we need," he stated. I didn't know if I should be frightened or feel confined, but I soon started to feel both.

Mason stared at me intensely, "Will you stop looking at me like that," I snapped at him. He didn't stop; he just looked at me like he was waiting for this reaction to happen.

"Please, I am begging you, let me see my brother. I won't believe he is safe till I see him," I begged.

Mason didn't answer; he just walk away like Sally did hours ago. I am disgusted on how the world has become, people will never be the same. I knew I was going to be used as an experiment, getting my skin poked and tested by strangers. I let all the tears I held in today, just fall. I let out a horrific sob as I cradled my legs into my arms. I slowly walk up to the bed and lay there, staring at the ceiling letting my mind wonder what they're going to do to me. I let one last tear plummet down my cheek as I soon fall asleep.

______________________________________________________

Authors Note:

I hope you guys like the 2nd chapter! Please vote & comment it would mean a lot!!