𝕊𝕪𝕟𝕥𝕒𝕩 𝕩 ℚ𝕦𝕚𝕖𝕥!𝕄!ℝ𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕖𝕣 || ℙ𝕣𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕪 𝕍𝕠𝕚𝕔𝕖 ||

A/n: I love this man so much like holy damn 😍😍
ANYWAYS ENJOY MY BELOVED READERS!!

.

.

||

Type: slight angst - fluff

Platonic < romantic

Key:

Y/n - your name

Summary: Y/n is quiet and insecure, Syntax..helps? With Y/n's little insecurity

He never knew he would be doing something like this, but here he was. Making a deal with The Lady Bone Demon already seemed wrong to Y/n although he had no choice, it was either his life or nothing. Yet again Y/n is left with no choices as he is now made to serve for the Spider Queen along with three other spiders: Huntsman, Strong spider and Syntax. Y/n felt quite awkward around them, Which was also why he didn't talk as much. He didn't know why but he's always felt this weird tension, especially with Syntax but it felt..different? Like a sort of warn feeling in his chest. But Y/n just assumed it was his crippling social anxiety and just ignored it.

Y/n's job wasn't all so difficult, it was all just help someone, help another person, patrol the area just incase that Monkie kid person tries to sneak in, then report to LBD. Simple. Is what Y/n thought at least, but assisting one person to another really burnt out the living hell out of Y/n, working for LBD was hard enough but being a literal servant for several different people really took him out.

And now we have Y/n standing beside a working Syntax, he looked focused, very focused. It was a little thing Y/n noticed about him, whenever Syntax was doing something he would make a little face by biting his lower lip and furrowing his eyebrows. Y/n found it...cute? No. Attractive? What no! 'God, I need to stop thinking these things before they get worse.' Y/n internally scolded himself. Y/n continued on following Syntax's instructions as he spoke out certain tools or items he needed, Y/n couldn't help but wonder what the weird spider robot thing was for so he decided to ask after debating whether he should or not.

"So uh..may I ask what those are for exactly?" Y/n said softly. There was a long pause before Syntax replied, "They help carry around my queen's venom, then they inject it into a victim and they go under the her control."

Y/n's eyes widened at the information, "Oh..uh...that's brutal..? I mean uh-....N-nevermind.." Y/n cowered back in embarrassment. 'Oh you just HAD to embarrass yourself like that! Stupid fucking Y/n!'

Syntax paused at his work and turned to Y/n with a small smirk, "You're not that great at socialising, aren't you? I've noticed it for the past few months." Syntax spoke as if he was trying to tease Y/n. Now, a normal person would probably take some great offence to that or something, but Y/n took it as something he would agree on without hesitation.

"Uh yea I guess I'm not...it's kinda one of the reasons I don't talk as much." Y/n said, still in the same quiet, soft tone.

"Well, what are the other reasons may I ask?" Questioned Syntax.

"What?"

"Well you said 'one of the reasons', may I ask what are the others?"

Y/n took a moment before answering, was Syntax trying to have some therapy session with him or something? Y/n figured it would be rude to not answer the spider's question, plus he felt like opening up to him.

"Well since I was young people would just always cut me off in the middle of sentences or talk over me or just yell at me to shut up, some even said my voice sounded weird and I grew insecure. I started talking less and grew shy, I barely opened up to people I trusted..well until now I guess, I trust you? Well I guess I-" Y/n cut himself off as he made eye contact with Syntax, his elbow propped at his work table and his chin resting on the edge of his palm. He wore the biggest smirk on his face, Y/n slapped both his hands over his mouth and blushed out of pure embarrassment ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶h̶o̶t̶ ̶S̶y̶n̶t̶a̶x̶'̶s̶ ̶s̶m̶i̶r̶k̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶.̶ ̶

Suddenly Spider Queens voice echoed throughout the lair as she called out Syntax's name. Syntax stood up from his chair and reached out for Y/n's shoulders and pulled him close and spoke into his ear, "You're cute, darling. I don't get how you could be so insecure of such a pretty voice like yours~" Syntax purred. He pecked Y/n's cheek before pulling away and seeing Y/n's face in a blushing mess, Syntax chuckled to himself before bidding goodbye. "See you around, darling. I hope to hear more of that sweet, pretty voice of yours~" He flirted one more time before jumping into the darkness with the help of his mechanical spider legs.

Y/n stood there dumbfounded and blushing, a lot. He cupped his face with his hand and felt how warm it was, 'WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED? DARLING? PRETTY VOICE? WHAT.' Y/n internally screamed.

Y/n tired brushing it off and went to see if anyone else needed help.

.

.

||

A/n: I'm gonna have to walk 15 miles tmrw kill me. Also I apologise if this is kinda short..
ANYWAYS TAKE CARE MY BELOVED READERS!!

Published - 6 Oct. 2022

Edited - 15 Oct. 2022