Ch 6: Pt 2 - Confessions

"Ms. Sierra?" I jerked at the sound of a woman's voice, shocked to realize I'd fallen asleep. It was now dark out and a storm was brewing in the distance. I turned in my chair to see if I'd hallucinated the voice. A maid was standing in the doorway, relief on her face as she spoke into her walkie, letting someone know she'd found me. She disappeared back inside and returned a moment later with a blanket that she wrapped around my shoulders. My leg was hurting like a bitch, so I decided to wait to see who she'd called on the walkie.

Sal and Hector both arrived at the same time, Emeril meeting us in the hallway outside the drawing room a few minutes later because he'd gotten lost on the way up.

When we got back to the cabin, Micah was already there.

"I ordered a little of everything because I wasn't sure who liked what." He started as I made my way towards my room. "Sierra, you do need to eat. Your guard says-"

"I don't need anyone telling me when to take my meals." I muttered loud enough for him to hear before heading into my room for a hot shower. Once I got out and rebandaged my leg, I tugged on some flannel pajamas I'd made sure to buy at the mall because I remembered how cold Sal liked to keep the cabin. Hair still dripping, I wandered back into the kitchen where the guys were eating. Chinese, pizzas, and wings were scattered across the counters. My stomach growling gave me away.

"I ordered chow mein, string bean chicken and broccoli beef, extra broccoli." Micah stated softly when I paused between him and Sal to look at the spread. He'd also ordered a few extra dishes from what smelled like a Cajun place in town. When in Rome and all that, right? I grabbed a beignet and shoved the whole thing in my mouth before accepting the takeout box from Micah.

"So, the reason we're buttering you up with this food." Sal started once I'd taken my first bite of chow mein. I turned to look at him while I chewed. "Hector, Emeril and I are going to head out for a night on the town. Micah doesn't have any plans, so you won't be alone. It's been a while, and some of us need to get laid. We'll be back sometime tomorrow, maybe." I nodded once but pretended to be too hungry to pause for chitchat between bites, bites that I chewed as slowly as I could. They took the hint and resumed their conversation about their plans for the night and where they should start.

"Have fun." I called as they headed for the door twenty minutes later. "And take a driver, please."

"You got it." Someone called as the door slammed behind them. Once it was just Micah and I, I grabbed my takeout boxes and thanked him for the food before going back to my room. I let the door swing shut a bit too hard with a little smirk.

I'd just gotten comfortable in the middle of my bed with my food on a tray when Micah knocked and opened my door without waiting for confirmation.

"Forgot your drink in your hurry to get away." He teased, stepping in to set my drink on my tray. "You truly find my presence that tedious to endure?"

"No, I honestly just wanted to be lazy and finish my food in bed."

"I did notice you barely ate." He glanced at my tray. "Do you mind if I join you?"

"Sure, but I'm not sharing." I pointed my chopsticks at him. "Bring your own food, buddy."

"I'll return shortly." Five minutes later, he returned with a plate of pizza and beignets, along with a box of takeout of his own. He reclined on his side and picked the broccoli from his beef, watching me quietly while he did. I ate a few bites before clearing my throat to ask a question.

"So, your grandfather is going to help ensure the Ricci family's future as a favor-"

"Not a favor." He interjected calmly, and I nodded once. "Salvatore is paying my grandfather for the protection. Up until Salvatore found out he had cancer, they were sworn enemies."