Chapter One

"Hey Anne," Sasha began as she stared at the ground which was so far beneath them. "Maybe you're better off without me." 'What? What did she mean by that? Oh no. No no no. She wasn't going to let go, was she?' "NO!" Anne screamed, voice straining, but it was too late. She quickly turned away as tears poured out of her eyes and trickled down her face, for she didn't want to see what would come next. The Plantars looked at Anne in disbelief. "D-do you think she's-" Hop Pop began. Anne didn't respond, she just got up and began to run down the crumbling stairs of what was left of toad tower.

Grime watched as his lieutenant fell from the tower. It happened so fast there was no time to try and catch or save her. Grime saw Anne rush over to Sasha's limp  body, the plantars following. He watched as Anne shook sasha. He couldn't watch any longer. Grime turned around and directed the army deep into the swamp. He was captain of the toad army. People died in war. He couldn't feel any remorse or emotion for it. Then he would be considered weak, which would ban him from all toad communities.

Anne began to shake Sasha as she sat down next to her. No response. "Hop pop, check her pulse!" She yelled. Hop pop placed his fingers on Sasha's wrist and waited. "She- she has a pulse! She's not dead." Hop pop said. Anne let her breath out that she didn't realize she had been holding. "We have to get her back to the house." Anne said, tears still streaming down her face as she picked up sasha, bridal style.

The walk home never seemed to end as rain poured against her tattered clothes. The rest of the frogs who had been present for the events of Toad tower were following behind Anne and the plantars, whispering in tones of despair, worry, and anger. Anne didn't care what they were saying. It didn't matter. The only thing that matters in this sliver of time is Sasha. Sasha and his life.

Anne's hair had always carried the scent of strawberry. Sasha would take any chance she could get to hug her just to smell the sweet scent that was Anne's curly hair. Oh the things she would give to be around Anne again. But was she even alive? It had been months since they had landed in Amphibia.

Hop pop opened the door for Anne as she stepped inside, tracking mud all the way to the couch. She carefully sat Sasha down on the couch, who still seemed to be unconscious. Sprig was already running to a closet to grab a first aid kit to tend to their wounds.

(Pretty short, longer ones coming soon! Ty for reading <3)