heartbreak

Percy POV

I stormed out of camp furious.I didn't even take my bags with me. Just my watch which my brother Tyson had gifted me after my second quest.I left riptide knowing full well that it would return in my pocket soon enough.I know you must be curious as to why I left camp in this manner during the summer when I normally leave during autumn, so I guess i'd better tell you the story.

time skip-rewind one day earlier

I was sweating, engaged in a heated battle with Ladon the 100 headed dragon which guarded the tree of the golden apples in the garden of the Hesperides. It was one of Athena's conditions if I wanted to marry her favourite daughter, Annabeth. I knew it was hopeless but I was determined to achieve her hand in marriage. I had fought long and hard but now it was time for the battle to end. I willed my sword into a spear and plunged into the heart of the creature and watched as it dissolved into dust. It was then lady Athena appeared and she took me to her palace, which I might add was enormous with amazing architecture and depictions of Athena slaying countless creatures.

She took me to Hephaestus the God of forges and he helped me make a ring for the girl of my dreams .

time skip-the next day

I left my cabin in high hopes. I searched the whole camp for Annabeth but she was nowhere to be seen. Maybe her mother had informed her of my intentions to propose to her and was waiting for me on the beach where we usually meet and talk. When I arrived at my destination I caught sight of a couple passionately making out . I was about to leave when they separated and caught sight of the girl involved. It was Annabeth. She was cheating on me with a son of Ares. what about the times we shared together, was it all lies, did she really ever love me, how long was she in a relationship with this ...creep? It was the boy she used to complain about spying on all the girls in all the cabins . Did she ever love me? Was I a stepping stone to help her reach her original goal?

Time Skip-Present Day Now

I left in hope of taking my mind off the events of the last two hours, by venturing into the forest and killing monsters that came my way. I set off in hope of relief from my heartbreak and in hope of finding a new place to stay.A place where I have no memories of my time with my lov-, no scratch that Annabeth. I fought my way through hundreds of monsters along the way, scaring Hades out of his wits about how fast the creatures were returning to the pits of Tartarus. I was exhausted from a long day of slashing and stabbing and i almost collapsed in the midst of a clearing in between the trees where i was ambushed by 3 Cyclopes, 2 scythian dracaena and a nemean lion.I was too tired to defend myself and for the first time that day wished i was not alone as my captors slashed at me and almost ripped me apart before a volley of silver arrows cut through the division of monsters. I smiled weakly as I realized help had arrived. the hunters of Artemis were here. I passed out from blood loss.

Artemis POV

I was Hunting in the area when I heard a yelp. I ran towards the voice, my huntresses hot on my heels.as soon as i was in the immediate space i saw some monsters mauling a demigod and my best archers and I shot down the vile creatures as i ran towards the dying body of the demigod. There was a smile lingering on his lips as he passed out. It was then that the realization hit me.The man I was carrying was Percy Jackson. The very person who took the burden of the sky from me and held it upon his shoulders to save his friends, and possibly the only respectable man on earth. I fought back my tears at his plight and called out,"Apollo get here now before I shoot an arrow between your eyes."