Part 5

Percy POV

I sprinted towards the creek hoping to clear my thoughts by being by the water but was intercepted on the way by a certain god of thieves.

I stood there and waited for the reason he had jumped out in front of me with no avail.

"why are you here Hermes"I demanded taking a step forwards.

"Hello Percy,I see you are well.May I see your sword please?"He asked and I handed him riptide."Thank you cousin" the god of messengers said before disappearing.

Great I'm now a guardian of man hating girls scouts with no weapons.looks like the armoury is getting a visit from one Percy Jackson.

1 hour later

As I went through the armoury trying to find a sword even as close to balanced as Anaklusmos I was stopped by a flash .

"Hermes. Are you here to steal my job too?"I demanded not stopping to turn around but continuing my search.

"No but I am here to return what I took" came my response

"What"i said sharply spinning around.

"the god of thieves returning what he stole?

"Yes.Now that you are a guardian I must upgrade your weapon and you must take the guardians oath but that will happen at a later date."he said raising an eyebrow at my reaction.

"I believe this is yours" he claimed holding out a double sided pen.one side gold the other bronze.I uncapped the unfamiliar golden side of riptide and out sprang a 1.5 meter imperial gold staff.

"Thank you lord Hermes and i'm guessing Lord Hephaestus  helped as well?"

"Yes"came my simple reply before my eyes were overcome with light.

I closed riptide and headed to lady Artemis'  to ask about the so called 'guardians oath'.

A while later

Artemis POV

I heard a knocking at the door of my prospector tent door and went to open it. Maybe it was my lieutenant Thalia Grace. I was disappointed when I was met with the goofy grin that could only belong to one person. Percy Jackson. I hastened to close the door, only for the man to wedge his foot in the frame just before the door could slam shut and the door jerked out of my hand and bounced back open and I stumbled almost falling when Perseus caught me and helped me regain my balance, before stepping back wide eyed and muttering 

"please don't kill me"repeatedly.

I took a step forward and he took a step back. Although he is probably more powerful than me he was scared of me.

"I won't harm you. You helped me and I thank you for that"I said taking a step forward and pulling him into my tent and this time he didn't retreat.

when we were inside I pulled the  door shut and summoned 2 chairs for us to sit on and he took his after seeing I had already occupied mine.

"How come you came here?"I queried him still confused as to why he had come knocking on my door.

"Hermes came and told me I need to take an oath.The oath of guardians."he stated.

"Well then.repeat after me.I Perseus Jackson swear on the rivers Styx, Phlegathon, Lethe, Acheron and Cocytus to protect lady Artemis and not attempt  to create any relationship with any of the the hunters."

"I Perseus Jackson swear on the rivers Styx, Phlegathon, Lethe, Acheron and Cocytus to protect lady Artemis and not attempt to create any relationship with the hunters."He repeated clearly after me causing me to like him even more knowing he cared about me and my non biological family.

I lifted my hand and blessed him and that is when the Moirai appeared in the room.

"Hail Perseus Jackson.Guardian of the Hunt and their goddess Artemis.The slayer of kronos and the  lover of the moon."And they disappeared just as fast as they arrived.