Part 7

Percy POV

I lay lady Artemis down on her bed gingerly careful not to accidentally injure her delicate frame while she slept. As I looked at her beautiful face I knew I couldn't leave her here unattended and I had to stay nearby throughout the night.I took one more look at here angelic features and stood up taking the remaining steps to stand outside to guard the goddess of wilderness' tent. As I stood there I experimented with my sword and its other forms.

I had managed to achieve the form of a bladed staff when I heard movement from the inside of my charges tent.I quickly collapsed my new found weapon and rushed inside to help the goddess.

The sight I was greeted with was not one that I expected, If what I expected was for the goddess to be dressed ready and preparing forth the days hunt,but the sight that met my eyes was that of Artemis laying on her bed shaking wearing the same clothes as the previous day.But that wasn't the problem.The problem was the way her body was thrashing around as if she were in  pain.

I swallowed my fear of what could do this to an olympian and once I reached her body I put an ear to her chest to hear for her heartbeat strength.

dum dum

dum dum

dum dum

now that it was confirmed her heart beat was stable I pulled her into a safer sitting upright position I leaned her against me and held her feeling her tense body suddenly go limp.I quickly sat beside her and held her in front of me now sitting in the lotus position.Her eyes briefly flashed open showing me her beautiful silver eyes.soon after her eyes opened though she collapsed onto me falling onto me now ending with her lying on top of me.I slowly flipped our positions holding her in a warm embrace checking she was alright before leaving to tell the hunters that the schedule for today had changed.

BLADED STAFF IMAGE AVAILABLE HERE