Sweet Beginnings

Louis was a prince who—if anyone saw him—would assume he had it all. Like his whole life was perfect. But there was no such thing as perfect. Perfect was what Louis thought his life would be, but he was wrong.

__

-1907

Louis ran as fast as he could, the muddy ground almost making him slip, but he balanced himself and continued sprinting.

He didn't know where he was running to, but he didn't want to stop. He wanted to get away. Away from those people. Away from the constant control they have tortured him with.

The only thing he had ever wished for when growing up was a perfect life, but now, all he wished for was to just be young again. To go back in time and start his life all over, where he was happy and high-spirited; but this time, he didn't want a crown. He didn't want royalty. He didn't want nobility. He wanted normal.

He knew he could not change time, but if changing time was all it takes to start over, he would do it in a heartbeat.

By the time he ran onto the grass and stopped, he was already soaked with the rain that had heavily poured down on him, breathing breathlessly.

He dropped onto the grass, grasping it into his hands as he began to sob, the tears falling quickly. The fall October air was cold, his body trembling, but he didn't care. He would rather freeze to death in the cold than go back to that pernicious place.

He cried for some time, then wiped his eyes and stared down at the grass.

Not knowing what to do next, and certainly not wanting to go back to the palace, he decided to do what he had never done before. Pray.

As he uttered the words of prayer, he didn't hear the sound of someone calling him, until the person repeated it again.

"Sir? Are you alright?" The deep accent asked again.

Louis sniffed and looked up to see a tall man with brown curly hair, wearing what looked like braces and a white button-up, with black trousers. An umbrella hovered over his head as he gripped it firmly in his hand, the sound of the rain loudly bouncing on it.

With the day becoming lighter, his surroundings began to be more clear. He looked around and noticed that he had run down near a farm, the sight of cows and sheep being clear, and the smell of manure invading his nostrils.

"Are you alright, sir? You can't be out here in the rain, you look like you're freezing!" The man said, slightly louder.

"Uhm..." Louis didn't know what to say, embarrassed by the sudden encounter.

"Come on, up! You can't be out here in such conditions." The man carefully lifted Louis up by the arm, getting part of his sleeves wet.

Louis could feel how drenched he was after he stood up. He was soaked from head to toe, his wet clothing clenched tightly to his body.

"What on earth are you doing out here at the crack of dawn? Especially in the rain. Have you gone bonkers, lad?" Louis didn't know what to say to that either, so he just stayed silent, his body still trembling.

He wrapped his arms around himself, which didn't help much, as his teeth began to chatter.

"Come on, enough chit-chat from me, let's get you warmed up with a cuppa." The man offered, and brought Louis closer to him, hovering the umbrella over both of their heads, and walked in the direction of the farm and into the house.

New story! I have so much planned for this book, so I hope you guys will like it.🤗

Also, I'm kind of proud with how I wrote this. I've never written so elegantly before for this kind of time period😂

Vote, comment, and share!