Evanescence

Louis and the man sat silently across from each other, sipping their tea lightly. The silence had gone on for about two minutes before it was eventually broken.

"Do you mind explaining what happened this time?" The man questioned.

Louis sighed, wondering if it was appropriate for him to share his personal life with an unknown stranger; but, apart from his siblings, he felt he could tell the man things he was too afraid to tell his family.

"To be honest, I feel as if my life is an Evanescence. Here I am, breathing, living. Then one day—someday—I'll be gone and forgotten. That's what I'm afraid of as my life progresses. Not that I will be forgotten, but that something will happen to cause me to be forgotten."

The man noticed he said the words with fear in his voice, making him less curious, and now concerned.

"Louis....if something is going on in the palace where you're being mistreated, or hopefully not abused, you need to call 999. They will help you." He suggested.

Louis shook his head quickly, placing the now empty cup of tea onto the table and wiping his mouth.

"I'm not being abused, I just—" He sighed deeply, looking frustrated.

"I just fear that someday, if I continue to disobey my grandfather, that he will go as far as to...." He trailed off, beginning to bite his lip. The man studied his face, the realisation making him frown.

"That he would kill me." His voice cracked as he said those words, and the man stared at him sympathetically.

There was another moment of silence, the wind from outside whistling in the air.

"If you don't want to call 999, then how about you stay here for a while?" That made Louis furrow his brows in confusion.

"Stay here with you? But I can't." He replied, even though deep down he wished he could, just to get away from it all.

"You could say you're staying at your family cottage in Manchester for your break. You currently don't have any duties to attend to at the moment, correct?" Louis nodded, not being fond of the idea, fearing what the outcome would be.

"I know you're hesitant about this, but the way I hear you're being treated just isn't right. You have a deep fear within that family; a deep fear that will possibly be the last fear you will ever have."

Louis began to consider carefully, tapping his fingers silently on the table.

After about a minute, his decision was finally made.

"Alright. I will stay with you."

It was supposed to be longer, but then I thought I would end it like this because it gives an "on the edge of my seat" kind of vibe😉

I hope you guys liked this chapter!.xX