Pray

Louis opened his eyes slowly, blinking a few times to wake himself up. He looked up at the alarm clock, seeing that it was now six am, half an hour before seven. He carefully removed Katherine's body from his chest, hoping she wouldn't wake up.

He sat up and stretched, yawning, but quite loudly, causing Katherine to flinch in her sleep.

Louis breathed a sigh of relief when she didn't wake up. He sat there for a moment, staring down at the floor, before finally getting out of the bed and going into the loo to take a shower.

After finished showering, he got dressed into a brown knitted jumper and black trousers, slipped on his shoes, and walked out the door, making sure not to make a sound.

The fresh cold air of fall as he got outside swept around his body, causing him to shiver as he walked along the trail.

He thought maybe wearing a coat would've sufficed, but didn't want to go back to the palace and get caught, so he continued walking in the blistering weather.

Since that day when he had escaped the palace to be free, he had secretly been leaving it to pray.

He had never pondered on praying until that day. Thus, he wondered if he had prayed before, and so there forth, eluded from outside of the palace, perhaps his prayers would've been answered sooner.

Once finally there, he breathed in a breath of fresh air, the cold wind hitting his face, making him squint as the heavy breeze attacked his skin and body.

He rubbed his hands together, blowing on them to keep them warm, before crawling onto the grass and sitting down on his legs. He sat there for a moment, thinking of what to pray.

"I've seated here, day after day, hoping that you will answer my prayers. That you will fulfil them for the greater good; but I wait, and I wait, for my freedom to come. Why have you not yet given me that freedom I deeply desire?" He inquired, the white misty cloud leaving his mouth as he spoke.

"Is it that you take time, my dear god? Or is it that I am in deep despair of being trapped in a horrid family my whole life, that you can not do so?" His voice cracked at the last few words, and he stared down at the grass, biting his lip to prevent himself from breaking down.

He thought about whether to continue praying, being that he was slowly losing hope.

An impulse of awareness made him snap his head up once he heard the crunching of leaves in front of him. He stood up on his feet, seeing the silhouette of a man walking towards his presence.

"Louis? Is that you again?"

He recognised the Chester accent instantly, and for some reason, a small smile crept up on his lips.

"It is you." The man said, finally standing in front of him.

Louis felt oddly relieved to see him, not having seen him since that day when they first met.

"Yeah....It's me." He replied, his teeth beginning to chatter.

"This is my 5th time seeing you out here alone at this time in the morning. Why is that?" He questioned with curiosity.

"To pray." Louis answered.

"Why?"

"Because when you pray hard enough for freedom, it might just come to you."

The man looked at him, puzzled by his answer, his brows furrowed.

"Freedom? Is this about your family?" When Louis didn't answer, the man knew he was right.

The man sighed, knowing that he was certainly going to get in trouble this time for once again, bringing Louis, a prince, into his home.

"Come on." He said, and like before, Louis followed him inside his house.

I didn't know how much trouble I was getting into at the time, but bare this in mind, it was only just the beginning of it.