3

half time.

the whistle blew as the ball stopped rolling around the pitch.

i ran to the other side of the pitch and followed my team offside as some celebrated my goal from the beginning.

"ROSEWOOD!" my coach shouted as i drank some water on a bench.

i looked at him and he just smiled at me.

i immediately knew what he meant, he was glad i scored.

we enjoyed our 10 minute break offside. opposite us the other team sat and enjoyed their break too.

i noticed McGraw talking to a bunch of people in the crowd.

i saw a guy with long brown hair, a curly haired boy, a boy with short black hair and many others.

i noticed them glaring at me from time to time, which made me somewhat uncomfortable, but i was saved just in time.

"Y/N!!" i immediately recognised my best friends voice as she got as close to the barrier as possible.

i smiled immediately and tan to her, hugging her as the metal bars seperated the lower parts of our bodies.

"YOURE DOING WELL" she said as i laughed.

"i'm trying my best" i replied with a smile.

we talked for a while but i noticed my best friends eyes wondering off into the distance behind me.

"they're talking about you" she said.

"huh?" i asked, confused as i looked around.

"McGraw and her friends" she said.

"oh.." i said, finally looking back at her and her friends.

i made eye contact with the boy with curly hair, who just smiled at me weakly as i quickly turned back around.

"he likes you" my best friend teased.

"oh please lucy, you really don't know how kind gestures work, do you?"

i looked back at them talking for a bit. then the whistle went off and i hugged my best friend one last time before heading off to the pitch.

i met with McGraw again, and this time she looked a bit more annoyed for some odd reason.

i just smiled at her and avoided conversations as the referee now handed her the ball so she could resume the game.

the whistle blew at last and she successfully passed the ball on.

however my teams goalie managed to catch the ball and quickly kick it far into the pitch and into my reach.

i tapped the ball down and shot harshly for the goal 5 meters ahead of me.

i didn't expect to hit it, but the goalie jumped in the complete opposite direction to my ball.

i heard a COUPLE of people from my school cheering in the crowd as i ran back to my team and hugged some.

we went back to centre and it was the last 10 minutes of the game.

winning 2-0 was already a good sign.

i doubt the other team will shoot 2 goals in the next 10 minutes or so.

the other team started and they successfully ran towards our goal. one of the players took a shot but failed, as it hit the post.

a sigh of relief came over me and my team as the goalie handled the ball.

she passed the ball to my other teammate as they all worked together in passing the ball and getting it down to me eventually.

killy, one of my friends, passed the ball to me but i was tackled violently shortly after.

someone had slid under my feet as i fell to the ground in an uncomfortable position.

before i knew it, i was on the ground and my knee was in a completely different position.

it was dislocated.

"fuck fuck fuck" i said to myself as i layed down on the field with the knee cap in a position it shouldn't have been in.

the whistle blew immediately after the referee saw me covering my face with my hands.

i noticed all of my teams running to me, the referee running as well, as well as two men in yellow clothing that said "MEDICAL EMERGENCY" on their uniform.

they ran with one of those cloths with steady sticks on both sides

"i am so sorry" i heard a voice as i took my hands off of my face and noticed the girl.

McGraw.

i didn't say anything.

now my team would potentially lose considering the fact that most of them rely on me to win.

the two men grabbed me gently and put me on the cloth, picking it up afterwards and walking off of the pitch.

they put my leg in a specific position so it doesn't get worse, and i was taken to the closest bench, which was the other teams bench.

McGraws bench.

i was basically in the same area when she was talking to her friends, and i saw them when i was taken offside.

the coach from the other team ran to me, immediately questioning my pain.

they placed me gently onto the bench as i looked at the pitch, a red card.

McGraw ran off as the coach who had previously asked me if i were okay, now grabbed McGraw and replaced her with another player.

the medical asked the coach to stand back.

however, they had to get extra help as there was only two of them.

"EXCUSE ME" one shouted to the crowd.

"IS ANYONE IN HER STRONG ENOUGH AND NOT SQUEAMISH?" he added onto that.

"i'm here!" one person shouted from the crowd as i was too busy covering my face as tears formed in my eyes because of the pain.