14

i ended up calling mason after asking my mom whether or not i can go.

"mason!" i shouted through the phone as i sat down on the kitchen stool in front of my mom who was cooking.

"jesus, what's up?" he asked.

"is it okay if my mom talks to you, she's constantly asking questions that i don't know the answers to"

"yeah no problem" he said as i handed the phone to my mom.

"mason!" she said in joy as she put down the pan.

"i was worried about the timing, it's really late" my mom said.

she then started nodding to what mason was saying, i couldn't hear it.

"right, see i'm working overnight tonight so i won't be home.." my mom said as my smile disappeared.

"do you think you can do that?" she said afterwards.

"perfect, i'm sure she will be glad to hear that" my mom said.

"that's all i wanted to ask in all honesty, i just get a bit nervous when it comes to y/n going out after dark, so thanks mason" she said.

"no no i so trust her, i just get worried sometimes" my mom said with a laugh.

"okay i'm handing the phone back" she said as she handed me the phone.

"perfect" i said as i rolled my eyes and went back upstairs after seeing my mom all smiley.

"you make my mom so happy" i said to mason as he laughed.

"okay, go pack your bags"

"why?"

"your sleeping over at mine" mason said.

"what?" i said, in confusion.

"your sleeping over, your mom won't be home to open the door"

"for fuck sake" i said.

"what? do you not want to stay the night?"

"no it's just- i've been telling my
mom to get me my own key so i don't have to rely on her to constantly open the door from me when i go out"

mason started laughing afterwards.

"well, is a sleepover okay to you?" he asked as i replied, "if i sleep, yes"

he laughed again.

"i'll call you later on when i'm outside your house, i'll be there in 3 hours at 7:30pm, okay?"

"mhm, thanks mase" i said.

"what?"

"i said thank you" i repeated.

"what did you call me?" he asked, i could hear his smile when he asked.

"mase.." i said, as my face flushed red although i was only speaking to him over phone.

"okay" he laughed.

"bye y/n"

"bye mason" i said, as he laughed and ended the call.

i out the phone down slowly, i was clearly embarrassed.

i picked up that nickname from when he fisrt texted me earlier on.

shit shit shit, i hope he doesn't mind.

i grabbed my backpack from my wardrobe and started picking out my clothes.

i grabbed my thrifted sweater and some cargo jeans, as well as a crop top that i'd wear under my sweater.

i packed my pyjamas as well, obviously, and then started packing my toothbrush, hairbrush and other necessities.

i finished packing up and started panicking although i still had two hours left.

i jumped through my whole wardrobe and tried to pick out some nice clothes, and was able to pick out a black tube top and some baggy trackpants i found on depop.

i paired the whole outfit with some jordan's and some light jewellery.

i then went on to put a little makeup, but not a lot.

the whole process took me 1.5 hours, 30 minutes before masons would be here with miguel.

and miguel's mom.

i sprayed on my favourite perfume and went downstairs to mom and sat with her in the kitchen, chatting as she enjoyed her final meal before work.

"when will they be here?"

"very soon" i said.

"any time now"

"who's picking you up?"

"miguel's mom"

"oh perfect, i can talk to her, right?"

i sighed, "sure" i said.

"perfect" my mom said.

"what's with you and mason?" i asked.

"what?"

"you two-"

"he's a very mature and respectful boy, he was talking about how he really enjoys your presence" my mom said.

"we only know eachother for like 3 or 4 days"

"yes i know sweetie but he also mentioned how he has so much respect for you and how you actually quit football for this injury"

"well- i had no other choice"

"you took the incident very well" my mom said.

"thanks?" i replied.

she smiled, "you and him will be very close" my mom said.

"he invited us to the private screening too" i said.

"he did?" my mom asked.

"yes he-"

my phone started ringing.

"they're here!" i said, standing up.

my mom stood up too, wiping her mouth quickly as i headed for the front door and answered.

"i'm just coming out right now" i said as i opened the front door and saw a grey car right outside the driveway.

"that's them" i said as i ended the call and headed for the car.

tbh e front windows were see through whereas the back windows were pure black for privacy.

the front door window rolled down to reveal a woman, she was very pretty.

"hello!" she said.

"hi!" i said.

"it's nice to meet you" i said to her with a smile as she gave in for a hug i didn't even hesitate for.

"i'm y/ns mom" my mom said as they both shook hands.

i stood with my mom as the two talked, the back windows were rolled up, and i couldn't  anything.

suddenly the door opened and i saw miguel wearing a pretty cool outfit.

"hey!" he said.

"hiiii!" i said as i hugged him, something he didn't expect.

"after you" he said, tilting his head to the open door.

i quickly walked to my mom and hugged her.

"bye sweetie" she said as he continued talking to miguel's mom.

"thanks" i said to miguel as i went into the car and saw mason on the far end.

i ended up hugging him as well, he didn't expect it either but didn't hesitate to hug me.